Ch. Il • I Like It

How you make me feel
                      can't nobody do that for me
                                     ~Sevyn Streeter

Amber's POV

The annoying shrill of my alarm going off echoed in my room making me throw my pillow over my head

"Ughhhhhhhh"

I reached for my phone and quickly turned it off. I dragged myself out of the bed and made myself get ready for work. I started off by taking a shower, then moving on to brushing my teeth, washing my face and lastly my hair and makeup. After about an hour and a half I was ready to head out the door.

"Good morning baby" I said talking to my black Jeep Wrangler. He was my absolute baby. Costumed red leather seats with my initials carved in the drivers seat.

Luckily I'm not too far from my job so it'll only take me about 10 minutes to get there, but it being the summer on a Friday at 12 noon in Atlanta there was heavy traffic. After about 5 minutes of barely moving I was finally pulling up to my job. I work in Lenox Mall in Peachtree Atlanta, Georgia.

"Hey cutie" my co-worker and friend Vinerah (vah•neh•rah) greeted me. I call her Vinegar

"Hiii cutie" I said heading to the back and locking my things up.

I work in Louis Vuitton and I love my job. I get paid $13.50 an hour and I work 42 hours a week. Plus I get discounts on the clothes.

"What time you doing lunch" Nerah asked

"Uhm probably 3-3:30" I answered restocking clothes, "you know I take it 2 hours before I clock out"

"Ok"

"Why? you trynna come with me" I asked

She nodded her head

After 3 hours or smiling at strangers, directing people to sections, folding clothes and tapping on a computer to ring people up I was so ready to go to lunch and reup my energy.

"You ready" I asked Vinerah

"Yea"

We took the escalator down to the food court where it was packed as usual

"What you in the mood for?"

"I really want California Pizza Kitchen" I answered

"Ok we can get that"

"Is that what you want" I asked looking at her

"Girl you know I eat anything"

"You right" I laughed and we walked over to the line. After us waiting about 5 minutes in line it was our turn to order. "Hi may I get the jambalaya linguini fini and a strawberry lemonade please"

"Ok and will that be all"

"You want me to get it"

"No hun I got it" she insisted

"Ok then your total is $9.76, you can pay at the end of the counter. And what may I get for you today?" the girl asked while typing on her computer

"Can I get the Sonoma grilled chicken flatbread with uhh raspberry tea please"

"Will that be all"

"Yep"

"Ok will that be for here or to go" the worker asked

"We eating here Sev"

I turned and nodded my head at her and went to find us a good seat. About 2 minutes later Nerah came and sat down in front me and we both started to eat after saying grace.