Detention

3rd Person

  It is 8:30 am and surprise surprise, the green biker boy and the blue haired bird were both running a little late for school. A turn on Willow. A screech to 1st Street and they had both met up at the same stop light. The motorcycle and the caddy both to a hult. Murdoc took his chance to light up a quick fag before he had got to school. Stuart looked to his left to see the greaser rebel before him. And being honest, he sort of envious. He seemed to have a care free life style. His posture was always laid back and aloof with of course the bad boy look to him.

         Stuart was tired of living the "good life" per say. So many rules. Don't talk to these people, date these type of girls. So simple but so restraining. He wanted to go to the other side for a while but does not know where to even start. What to say, what to wear, what to do. But he stayed with it. He cared but he didn't.

    It was only then Murdoc had turned his head to the blue haired boy and grew a scowl.

    "What the hell you looking at twat?" Stuart caught himself and tried to reasses himself and what he was doing.

       "I am so terribly sorry, I didn't mean anything, I was dozin' off a bit" he scrambled for an exuse but Murdoc was takeing none of it but decided to let it go. It was too early in his book to start crap. He took one last drag of his fag and flicked it off to the side.

       "Whatevea, think you might want to go though. Don't wanna be late for school square, now do ya?" And with that he revved his cycle and drove off as fast as he could. It was only then Stuart noticed the light was green. He regained himself and put is foot to the peddle. It was off to school with him. And he could not be late again.

- x -

       Stuart had ran down the, clutching his case like carrier. He couldn't be late. He kept that as a mantra in his head but he managed to be late, once again. He slowed to a stop to his first hour class. He quickly caught his breath and brought his composer back before slowly opening the door. Everyone looked like they were woking on some math worksheet and his teacher was in the front of the class, writing down somthing unknown to him. He took his chance to be as silent as he could be and walk to his seat.

         He thinks that he is off the hook. He set his carrier beside him and took out a paper and pencil and wrote down random make up scribbles to look like he was working. Beside him, a girl looked to his side and smiled. This girl was Paula Cracker. Stuart's "love interest". Along with being a square he had to pick up a girl to go steady with. And low and behold she shot herself up from the very begining. She had given him random flowers at recess in Pre-K to makeing him candy and sweets from Food and Nutrition that she had wipped up.

         But did he really enjoy himself? Of course not. They were set up by one of Paula's friends and he was put in the position to not say no. So here he is stuck with takeing her out ever so often and sitting with her at lunch. Again, it was such a burden. And its not that she was a bad girl to go steady with, but she wasn't "his type" per say. . .

     He looked up from his "work" and gave her a smile and a little wave. And went back to jotting down randomness. He was golden.  Or so he thought. The teacher did not even have to look up to realize he had popped in.

        "Stuart are you aware of how many tardys you have?" She had said aloud to him, makeing sure the whole class knew his business.