Prologue

TRIGGER WARNING! SEXUAL ASSAULT

Catalina POV

*12 years ago*

Today is a big day for me! My parents are finally going to buy me my own desktop computer! Do you know how long I've waited for this day?

I have no friends because the entire community hates my parents and I. My father was a wild man back in his days, or as I would call him, a deadbeat dad to his children.

However, out of all of them, he chose to care for me. Hence why my siblings hate me. Whenever I pass them, they would spit on next to my feet or call me degrading names.

Everyday I pray to God and ask him why. Why me? Why do they hate me? Why couldn't I have a normal relationship with my siblings? Why do I have to reciprocate the same feelings as them in order to protect myself from feeling the voidness that they failed to fill as a brother or sister?

I try not to reminisce on my broken relationship as I think about my new computer. I can finally play dress up games on the internet! I can finally have some company.

My household consists of mostly elders and adolescents so I have no one to really speak to. I always have to be formal so that I don't come off as rude.

"Catalina honey!", my mother shouted.

I smiled eagerly, "Yes mommy?"

"Can you please wash your hands and come inside? Your father brought the computer home from work", she said.

I went to the pipe in the backyard, squeezed some soap into my hands and washed thoroughly. After I was finished, I wiped my hands into my shorts then went inside the house.

"Okay, I'm here", I said.

My mother looked at me with loving eyes while my father spoke with adoration.

"Baby here is the new computer, do you like it?" he asked.

"I LOVE IT DADDY!"

He chuckled, "Good. Do you want to ask your cousin to come look at your new computer?"

How could I forget? I can't wait to tell my cousin about my new gift. He's so good to me. He was literally like my big brother even though he's only 14 seeing that he treated me like a little sister.

Whenever I come from school, I would always visit him to play games in the backyard and we would always go inside and eat after.

"Ok daddy! I'll tell him."

Mark lives with his aunt and her father seeing that his mother passed away before he was born. So, his aunt who was her sister, took him and raise him as her own.

"Mark!", I shouted as I approached his door.

Immediately the door was flung open.

He smiled, "Hi Catalina! Please come in."

As I entered the room, I felt so excited to finally spend some time with my cousin.

"Mark guess what? Daddy bought me a new computer! Do you want to teach me to use it?"

He nodded eagerly, "Of course I would Catalina! But can we play a game first?"

"YAY! I love you so much Mark. Thank you for always being there for me", I squealed.

He led us past our aunt's room.

"Where is Aunt Patricia?", I asked.

He immediately stiffened, "She went to the corner shop to buy groceries. Can we please play the game before she comes home?"