TAM'S VIEW

I couldn't stop it. I couldn't stop the energy that was being forced out of me by the Neverseen. I couldn't do anything to save my friend, and because of this, Wylie would die. I wish I could somehow tell him that I hadn't turned over to the wrong side. But all I could do was stand there like a puppet and do what the Neverseen wanted. But for a moment, I think the Neverseen lost the control, so I took this opportunity to grab Wylie and whisper, "This isn't me."

I could see the sweat dribbling down his forehead and onto the rough graffitied concrete beneath us. He was attempting to penetrate the force field that Ruy had previously created. But that's what the Neverseen wanted, to trick him into using up all his energy so he would be too tired to win. But I knew him better. He was strong, and he would hold through to the end. He would do it for Lihn. Lihn, I thought, this wasn't what she wanted. And if she was here, she would find a way to stop me.

I could see the weird light and shadow's thing happening, almost like a black and white rainbow spiral. I could see sparks of white light flickering in his eyes, and... I could feel black shadowy sparks in my eyes too!

Oh no, I thought in my head, I was running out of energy. I couldn't hold on much longer.  But that would save Wylie, if I ran out of energy, he would win.  The Neverseen couldn't stop me from running out of energy, and they wouldn't know.  I couldn't stop the shadows, but what if I could just redirect the shadows, I thought.  And I would "run out of energy" soon, so why not? 

I "gave up" right before Wylie's light hit me.  But I reappeared in an unfamiliar territory and redirected all the shadows toward the hideout that I knew the Neverseen were inside of.  I was in a valley that looked pretty old.  The walls surrounding me were all different shades red, yellow, orange, and brown.  It was solid rock and I could feel my arm becoming damp with sweat.  It was at least 90 degrees outside.  But unlike the hundreds of humans above me, I could regulate my body temperature.