~~~ Chapter One ~~~

Darkness then, Aelin was on a grassy field strengthing as far as her eyes could see. Trees dotted the landscape, and a slight breeze played with her hip-length hair. Something was off. Aelin couldn't hear a sound, even with her delicately pointed ears. Aelin took a few steps forward, the wet grass brushing up against her ears. Nothing was there. 

"E-e-e"

Aelin turned lightning-fast, nothing was there, but she had heard a voice. It was faded, strained, and pleading. Aelin turned her head to the sky and shouted, "Hello?!!!!!"

Silence then, "H-h-help! The------ collapsing. I can't----. They're---- they're coming! P-p-please E-e-e. We ne--e---d you're h-h-h-elp!"

A cool breeze flowed by and pressed against her forehead. Immediately, the world went black. And there, in front of her, was an archway of green glowing Wyrd marks. 

Aelin fell to her knees and started shaking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rowan woke in the middle of the night to Aelin shaking. He grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to his chest. Gently he stroked his hand down her back, "It's ok fireheart. Shhhh, it's ok Aelin. Aelin flung her eyes open, but her shaking didn't stop. Rowan's tiredness fleed as dread settled in him. This wasn't like any of her other nightmares, her face said as much. 

"What happened fireheart?" His voice was soft but not weak. Aelin's face was pale now, but her shaking had stopped. Her body was tense though, prepared for something. 

Aelin looked into her mates eyes and said, "I need to go to a different world."