Chapter 1

Haden's POV

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

As those words left the priest's mouth, my entire world fell apart. This couldn't be happening. It all felt so unreal, but sadly enough, it was my reality, and I could do all but truly embrace it.

I turned and stared at the wretched woman standing opposite me. I couldn't really see her face under the veil, and neither did I care.

This was all my father's doing. Forcing me to marry this woman in order to get the company and inherit his wealth. The Evans Company and Vanderbilt Company were now going to be in a lifelong partnership.

He claimed that he needed to secure my future. Therefore, I needed a wife. Strangely enough, this woman's parents agreed. Pathetic! They were business partners, after all. I guess she needed a husband too.

I rolled my eyes at the thought. Who does he think he is? He could at least allow me to choose for myself.

I'm sorry Ivory. This should be you standing here not this whore. Who in their right mind would agree to this?

"You may kiss the bride," The priest's voice broke my train of thought.

I moved her veil and barely looking at her as I planted a kiss on the side of her mouth. I barely touched her. I didn't want to touch her. A person who would accept the request to an arranged marriage is an absolute monster. This woman is a monster!

I was being denied of my right to choose a bride of my liking. This marriage is not going to work. Not by a long shot.

The wedding continued and I mingled with a few guests accepting their congratulations and blessings on my "wonderful" marriage. I resisted the urge to curse , this was anything but wonderful. This was torture and I couldn't escape it.

The limo arrived shortly after and soon my wife and I were seated together.

"So Haden, your mom told me that we should start looking at places for our honeymoon," Aubrey politely suggested and my anger boiled. How dare she suggest that as if we are in love!

"We are not going on any honeymoon," I stated coldly.

"But I-

"I don't care what you thought. I am not going anywhere with you," Cutting her off sharply, I intended to dismiss the conversation but she insisted.

She reasoned gently, "Haden, we should at least give this a try."

"We are not fucking going and that's final. I have no reason to take you anywhere it's not like we are in love. And that's final! No more nonsense about this honeymoon bullshit."

That seemed to do the trick because she remained quiet for the entire ride home. About fifteen minutes later we arrived at my home..

Nestled on a sprawling estate, this opulent modern mansion stands as a testament to architectural brilliance and refined taste. Boasting ten lavishly adorned bedrooms, each with its own unique charm, it offers unparalleled comfort and luxury. The large kitchen is a culinary enthusiast's dream, equipped with state-of-the-art appliances and ample space for grand gatherings.

Three elegantly designed bathrooms, adorned with marble accents, provide a tranquil sanctuary for relaxation. The mansion goes above and beyond with not one, but two game rooms, perfect for entertainment and friendly competitions. A well-stocked wine cellar showcases an extensive collection, catering to the refined palates of connoisseurs.

The sight of the meticulously curated library, filled with rare editions and literary treasures, sparks intellectual curiosity and invites peaceful contemplation. For visiting guests, the couple of exquisitely appointed guest rooms offer utmost comfort and privacy.