Chapter 3

Aubrey

I avoided Haden for weeks. What he said had really hurt me. How could he think of me in such a way?

I never wanted his money. That's absolutely absurd.

I spoke to his mother earlier and informed her that I wasn't feeling well. It was partially true. My head was hurting and I had a slight fever.

I did it for Haden though. He really expressed how much he didn't want to go to Tahiti with me. Also I couldn't bear to be around him right now.

It would be weird to insist on going somewhere with someone when they didn't want to be there especially with you.

I was bored out of my brains. I didn't really have any friends and my parents were out of the country. I was all alone in this house.

I decided to prepare dinner and watch 'The Little Mermaid' it was one of my favourite Disney movies. I absolutely loved it. Call me childish but I don't think I'll ever be too old for Disney movies.

About 2 hours later I ate dinner and started watching '13 reasons Why'. I waited up for Haden to tell him the news about the honeymoon. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear that.

But things took a turn for the worse when he arrived home earlier than I expected but he wasn't alone.

A beautiful blonde was perched on his side. She had gorgeous blue eyes and pink plump lips. She wore regular jeans and a white t-shirt but still managed to look amazing. Instantly I knew who she was.

Ivory.

She is so beautiful. No wonder why Haden loves her. I felt inferior by just looking at her.

I greeted them at the door. I was trying to make sense of the situation. What was she doing here?

"Hi, I'm Aubrey," I introduced myself, while ignoring Haden's glare.

"Hello, I'm Ivory," She seems nice. If only we weren't in this situation then I wouldn't have to feel insecure.

"You're Haden's wife aren't you?" She questioned with a polite smile and Haden clenched his fists.

Attempting to hide the jealousy that rose within me I answered, "Yes I am. And you're his girlfriend?"

Ivory nodded and shifted awkwardly on her feet.

Haden was quiet. He hadn't said anything since he came.

We were all seated in the living room. I had a whole lot of questions for him. For beginners what was she doing here? This was disrespectful.

"Can I get you both anything to drink?" I questioned. It felt as though they were the married couple.

"A glass of water would be fine," She responded.

"A beer," was all Haden said.

I ran to the kitchen and got their drinks. When I came back I saw Haden smiling brightly at Ivory as she whispered something to him. I would never be able to get that image out of my head. They looked so perfect together it almost tore me apart.

"Here are your drinks," I announced as I placed the tray infront of them.

"Thank you," Ivory smiled but Haden said nothing.

"There's something we have to discuss Aubrey," Haden started and I nodded. This couldn't be good.

"Ivory is pregnant with my child. I would like to end this marriage so I can be with her and my baby," he stated plainly and I couldn't hide my surprise.