✧ Ray

⌈ Location: City
Au: Modern
Genre: Fluff ⌋

Requested.

My gaze was upon the night sky with street lights glistening the small, cold snowflakes that sprinkled all over the sky and layering the city in white. I huff to see my hot breath visible to my eye.

Hearing footsteps in the snow that crunched, catching my attention that had dozed off into space. Blinking my eyes, leaning my head back down with rosy cheeks by the cold. I smile to see Ray in his winter jacket, a scarf wrapped over his neck then gloves to block out the cold. "Ray! Happy to see you."

I walked over in speed, opening my arms to embrace the male. Cold turned to warmth once we hugged each other in a tight hold and to feel myself melting into his arms. Resting my head against his shoulders. "Well? Aren't we gonna start heading to the place you wanted to go?"

Ray coughed out to remind you on what you planned. I laugh while pulling away from Ray, back into the cold. Smiling plastered on the both humans that stood across from each other, I nod and stood by side with Ray and we begin our walk in the winter calm night. "I can't believe it's this dark in such a not so late hour!"

I shiver by the cold that hits against my face, even though they weren't walking in such quick pace yet slow and relaxing. Ray let's out a small laugh after listening to your soft voice, pleasing the man in joy. "That's winter for you, (y/n)."

He nudged against my arm, pushing my body away from him by a little. I laugh and nudged him back for a return of payback even if he was playfully doing so. Ray softened his expression, his eyes and smile. I blush at the sight I have caught, the warm red blush that had risen to my cheeks, blended by the cold that had caused.

Ray and I are actually friends at the moment, my desire of us being much more and wished to make it happen on this beautiful night. "Winter. It's beautiful, isn't it?" I say softly like I was gonna wake up someone or something.

"It is beautiful.. just like you." Ray mumbled his last words in his sentence to not make it noticeable to (y/n)'s ears. The girl looked back over to the male with confusion written all over her face, hoping for Ray to repeat himself but he didn't catch what she wanted and didn't do so.

Few minutes have passed until they had arrived at their destination. I sped up ahead of Ray when arriving at the café that was still open in the night. Holding the door with my bare hands that froze by how cold it was against the metal handle, waiting for Ray to enter inside the building.

Ray felt bad and didn't let his gentlemen self hold the door for (y/n). It was already too late as he made his way inside the comfortable theme inside the café. (Y/n) followed behind, kicking the snow off her boots along with Ray doing the same on the mat that laid in front of the door.

A ring came from above the door, the waitresses glancing over at the customers who had arrived. I smile with a wave like I knew them but didn't, just wanted to seem friendly. "Thanks for holding the door but you didn't have to." Ray complained, unwrapping the scarf around his neck, placing it in his hands while looking behind him at (y/n). Her eyes glistened from the lights inside the café.

"I wanted to, silly!" I walk pass Ray to head over to the counter, ready to make their orders for the cold night. The waitress was ready and prepared for the orders to take and make, being the only one there. Not many people were in the café, maybe 1 or 2 people seated at tables. "Two medium hot cocoas!"