Chapter 1:New Years Resolutions

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Draco considered beating himself in the head with his fist to punctuate his annoyed thoughts, but decided against it. He might have been stupid, but he wasn'tthat stupid.

On the other hand..

"Draco."

"What?" He didn't care how peevish he sounded or how little Greg deserved to be the target of his bad mood. At the moment, he was the only person there.

"Is there a reason why you're beating your head on the desk?"

Raising his bruised head, he glared at his friend. A reason? Yes, he was stupid. Of course, Greg simply looked at him as if he'd sprouted wings when he relayed that.

"So? You've been stupid before and you didn't give yourself a concussion because of it."

Draco sputtered at that a bit before composing himself. It was too late not to react to the insult, but he'd be damned if he'd actually comment on it. Instead, he turned his attention to the matter at hand. "Potter is avoiding us."

"And?"

"And it's partially my fault," he ground out. The blonde still believed that he was justified at being angry. Potter should have at least let them know he was leaving, even if he hadn't told them exactly where he was going or what he was doing. It was only polite after all. Still, perhaps snubbing the smaller boy completely had been a bit harsh. Potter had been raised muggle and Draco supposed that he couldn't really be expected to understand what constituted correct behavior.

"You're right, Draco. You are stupid." Greg blithely ignored the scowl sent in his direction as he never looked up from the sketch pad in his lap. "It's completely your fault."

"Gregory Goyle, I insist you go up to the Gryffindor Tower and bring him back down here this instant. Carry him if need be, but bring him to me."

Goyle chuckled, but still didn't glance at him. "He'll come down whenever he's ready, Draco. Forcing the issue will only upset him more."

Pouting at that, Draco stood up and paced around the room for a few minutes before sprawling onto his bed. Staring up at the canopy, he pondered the last week.

For four days, their truce with the raven-haired Gryffindor Seeker had gone so well. They'd built snowmen, had snowball fights, and played Quidditch. When indoors, the trio had lazed about and talked. Hells bells, they'd even eaten all their meals together, alternating between the Slytherin and Gryffindor tables. And if Potter didn't always smile as much as Draco wished, those times when he did had been all the more precious.

He sighed and covered his face with the pillow, loosing an aggrieved growl into it's softness.

Being gay in this school was hard enough as few boys outside of Slytherin would even speak civilly to him never mind actually consider a snog. Fancying Harry Potter was right up there with dreams of being a Potions master- out of reach and damned frustrating.

Not that the knowledge that he couldn't have either kept him from tormenting himself with the want.

"Greg?"

"Hmm?"

"Where's that album Potter gave you?"

Greg finally looked up. "Why d'ya ask?"

Draco sighed again. He really should put his foot down one of these days. His friends questioned him entirely too much. He wondered if he was the only Malfoy who had to put up with that sort of thing. "Because I want to owl it to You-Know-Who." Greg just grinned at his sarcasm. "Why do you think I want it?"