Chapter 11: A Busy Day

I cupped her face as I placed my lips on hers. I kissed her on her lips and she kissed me back. It was my first kiss. It was romantic, light and sweet. Truly, I cannot forget that this moment had happened. After our kiss, we looked at each others eyes once again and kissed one more time.

After our romantic moment, I changed my clothes back and returned Livi's sparring clothes. We leave the sparring room as Livi accompanied me to the dining hall to have our supper. After we had our supper, Livi escorted me to my room and bid goodnight, leaving me thinking over and over again about our surreal kissing scene earlier. I cannot help but to feel hot inside as thoughts of Livi kissing me comes back in my mind.

I took a cold bath to ease these unexplained sensations inside of me. After I took my bath and get dressed, I laid on my bed. Our short training may have taken a toll on me as I felt the tiredness all over my body. Thoughts of Livi has been on my mind before I went to sleep. And surely I had slept that night with a light feeling on my heart.

I wake up feeling good. I had slept throughout the night without a problem. The events that had happened yesterday helped me lot to ease a little of my anxiousness. After getting dressed, I went to the dining hall for breakfast and to see Livi as well. Sadly, Livi was not there. Normally, she was always the first to arrive at the dining hall. I took my seat and hoping Livi will come shortly. I heard footsteps coming into the hall. I wish it was Livi's, but the footsteps were not hers.

When the door opened, I saw a man and observed him closely. He was carrying a letter with a seal similar to Livi's House' Crest, so I assumed that he is one of Livi's henchmen. The man in front of me curtsies as he delivered the letter coming from Livi. I dismissed the henchman as I read Livi's letter for me.

"There is something that I must do first, my princess. I apologize for not being there with you all throughout this day. I promise that I will be back at night." - L.W

I was sad since I was expecting that I would be with Livi all day, but these things cannot be help for we all have our own duties and responsibilities. I was about to take Livi's letter to my room when rushing footsteps are coming towards the dining hall. The door opened and my messenger came hurriedly and passed me a letter. I looked at the letter's seal. It was from my father.

Apparently, it was a diplomatic assembly between our allied kingdoms and the king, my father, requested the immediate presence of the princess to accompany the queen in discussing the issues regarding the disputes in land ownership in different areas. I asked my messenger to tell my royal servants to prepare the things I need as I get ready for the assembly. It looks like that I will be busy as well.

Long carriage rides exhaust me easily. Gladly, the assembly took place at the palace. The assembly had adjourned smoothly. The different issues and plans were smartly discussed although concrete actions will take over after another assembly will took place wherein refined policies and laws will be ordained. The assembly, although ended smoothly, took longer than I had expected. The sun had already set and there were still no sign of Livi.

It was already night then. I went into my room and I had noticed something on one of my room's window. I looked closer and saw a letter inserted on the window.

"I will be waiting for you at the seashore outside the palace tonight. Please come my princess." – L.W

It's from Livi. I immediately sneaked outside and headed straight to the seashore. Surprisingly, Livi was there holding bouquet of flowers. She was in her gold and green finery. Her eyes reflected the sea as she looks at me. As soon as she saw me, she faced me and handed me the flowers. I can feel her rapid pulse. "Ophelia, my princess, I know that we had not started our relationship right. You did not know that we were engaged and all. But I want you to know that I'll marry you not because this is what our parents told us to do." Livi paused as she cupped my face and kissed me on my lips. After parting our lips she said, " I will marry you Ophelia because I love you." Tears are forming in my eyes as she said these words.

Her words made me feel happy. But along with that happiness are my fears. My fears of rejection and hatred. She can never love me back when she knew the other side of me. But not letting her know the real me also hurts me inside.

I do not want to keep this secret from her, but I do not want Livi to hate me.

I want her love me the way I am. I do not want her to hate me.

Love me. Do not hate me. Do not go away from me.

Torn between my two emotions. Tugged between the two decisions. I let one win over me.

I am a monster Livi. If you only knew.