19. Worst

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
WORST

- Seokjin -

Those words from her made my jaw drop in no time. A huge smirk was still there on her face and sweats dripped down my temple. I gulped in nervousness. "How did I know?" she asked the question that I should have asked her.

Her hands slipped inside my pocket and pulled out a small device. "You were so excited to meet her that you didn't even notice me sliding this down there, " she laughed. And I realized that I messed up big time.

No words left my mouth and my lips stayed sealed. "Are you sure you did right by sending her home? Is she really safe?" she asked which made me finally open my mouth. "What did you do to her?" I asked as my hand turned into a fist.

"Why not go and find out yourself?" she said and unlocked the doors. "I swear if something happens to her, you'll see the worst side of me, " with that warning, I got out of the car and ran to the bus stop.

Even after waiting for a few minutes, no bus arrived. I tried calling her phone but she didn't answer. It only had me more worried. I was scared if something happened to her because of my stupidity.

I was impatient, so I decided to run with my almighty speed. I finally caught a bus until the next stop and got into it.

The bus was moving so slow. She was still not answering her calls. I was scared to death. I could only pray to find her safe until I reach there in her place. Then I saw my reflection on the window and that was when I realized that I was already in tears. I wiped them away.

Finally, I reached there and ran to her house. I impatiently rang the doorbell and stood there hoping it would open soon. It did open and there she was with a confused look.

My Iseul was safe.

I immediately pulled her in my embrace and let my tear leave my eyes. "You are safe, " I whispered, running my fingers through her wet hair. But it didn't last long since I got pushed away by her.

There was still confusion clearly seen on her face. "What are doing here? And what was wrong with the drink?" she asked, narrowing her eyes. I gulped and cleared my throat. "It was drugged, " those words escaped my mouth in almost a whisper.

"I-I see, " she stuttered. "Why did you not help her like that day and choose to save me instead?" she asked. I still regretted what I did that day.

I had no words to say other than to apologize. "I'm sorry. I didn't know about the effects of that powder, " I stood there hanging my head low. "Nice excuse, but did you believe me when I said I had no idea about the plan that involved you?" she asked. No. I stayed silent.

"But wait- you didn't even listen to me, " she let out a bitter smile.

I took a deep breath with my eyes closed. "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to me that day. I guess I was being controlled by anger. And no, I'm not blaming my anger for whatever happened. The blame should be on me. But I regretted the very moment I realized what I did to the person I love. I'm really sorry. I just came here to make sure you were safe I shall take leave now, " I bowed at her and turned around to walk away since she surely didn't want to see my face. I needed to find a way to save her. But how?

There I was stopped by her trembling voice. "Are you going back to her?" she asked. I looked back only to find her in tears. I shook my head. "No, not after her knowing that I saved you today and that I still love you, " I said with a forced smile.

"Is she really better than me?"

Those words only made feel a strong hatred towards myself and it hurt me seeing that she was still stuck in those few words I said out of anger. "No, " was all I could say. I wanted to speak more and tell that she was perfect the way she was, but I was not able to do so.

Then she walked to me and I bit my lips in nervousness. "I'm still confused. Are you back in life or you just saved me for whatever reason?" she asked, looking into my eyes for the answer? "Do you still want me back in your life after all the things I did?" I asked nervously.

The next moment her lips were against mine. I immediately cupped her cheeks and kissed her back. I missed this. It felt like it had been decades. Soon she pulled back and broke the kiss. I wanted more but I could not ask for it.

Sure enough, I deserved to suffer, but I was happy to be forgiven by her. I promised myself to never ruin this second chance she gave me.

There was a shy smile behind a few strands of her hair which I tucked behind her ear. She was happy and so was I. "Did you eat?" I asked. She shook her head. "Let me cook for you, " I said and pulled her into the kitchen.

There I had her sit down even if she insisted to help me. Footsteps were heard running towards the kitchen which stopped right in front of the door. "Noona, what is he doing here?" Yoonwoo eyed me.

"Didn't you say you missed him?" she asked. He shook his head. "Not after I saw him with someone other than you, " he said, sending death glares towards me.

His words made her giggle. Damn, I missed those giggles. "He can't be with me every time and has friends who also need his time, " she tried to convince him. But she shook his head and continued the same glare. "They were glued to each other. I didn't like it, " he complained.

I walked to them and knelt down in front of him. "It will never happen again. I'm sorry, " I apologized. I learned that his brother was more difficult than her. "Promise?" he pulled out his pinky and asked. I locked my pinky finger with his only to notice a huge smile on his sister's face.

"Pinky Promise."

•••