PART FIVE

Upon his search for the other sorcerers he always followed the weird signal of psychic power deep beneath the surface of this planet. One day he found something that seemingly was an entrance to a giant cave and decided to venture into it.
Slowly approaching the giant maw of the entrance he sneaked around in the dunes of the barren planet, getting closer with each step. From afar he saw there was a sorcerer of the Thousand Sons right there but he couldn't make out how many Rubricae were with him. But now, from just a few hundred metres away, he saw them clearly. These must be the leftover Rubrics of the sorcerers that came to the planet, and something very weird was happening.
Two of the sorcerers stand before one of the others. The Composer could see that the single one had much more decoration and engravings around his armour, also he seemed to have the claw of a giant hawk. The two others were mostly the same, small decorations and no mutations. He didn't really get what they were doing but there was a certain hostility between them. Feeling out slowly with his psychic power he realised what these were doing, they had a psychic battle against each other. Two sorcerers against one, but the one was much more powerful. He waited out, feeling the energies that travelled between the sorcerers, sometimes even some sparks occurred. Suddenly, one of the two sorcerer broke down, while the single one began to puke blood. Seemingly hurt the other sorcerer crawled on his back, an empty view in his eyes. The other sorcerer began flying, seemingly much stronger than before and began battling the more decorated sorcerer now in physical As well as psychic matter. It went faster than the Composer expected and the single sorcerer got reduced to just a bloody mess.
Feeling that it's the right opportunity the Composer jumped out of his cover and ordered his two rubicae to begin shooting at his new enemy. While he tried to attack his foe with warpbolts the Thousand Son began to fly and spin around himself, he screamed and screamed. The Composer stopped firing at him and ordered his slaves too, waiting for what will happen. The thousand sons sorcerer flew around, his arms swinging around wildly while shooting uncontrolled energies around until he smashed against the wall of the cave entrance. Falling to the floor and not moving any more.
The Composer took a step towards the enemy, his armour was burned black and even melted on some parts. His face terribly ruined it just looked towards the wall with unending agony in its eyes, his limbs were either terribly twisted or just ripped of.
Somehow this delighted the Composer, the screams of the dying sorcerer had a special sound to them, he never heard that before. But deep inside something awoke with said screams, something that really wanted to hear these screams again, to hear them forever. It was stuck in his head, he could think about nothing else than these sweet screams of the Thousand Son, wondering how to make other things scream the same. While making his way down the cave he realised that there must be another sorcerer somewhere in the cave system, he didn't even try to hide his psychic power and just sent signals through the cave. But these signals made the Composer able to find his enemy faster, knowing exactly where to go through the labyrinth of caves and hallways. Then he found him, the thousand son seemingly found the psychic energy deep below the surface. In his mind the screams of the other one echoed once more. Looking forward to make this one sound the same he openly attacked. He rose his right hand high to gather energies while his left hand reached for his makeshift staff, with it even more energy gotgathered and he unleashed a potent warpfireball upon the back of the sorcerer. Just before the impact his enemy warped away, appearing on the other side of the giant cave already channelling a counter spell to shoot at the Composer.  Avoiding his spell the Composer turned towards him and used his staff to reflect the attack while his other hand shot another ball of whirling fire towards the enemy, he still avoided it. Suddenly he felt something inside of his mind. Someone trying to break into his head, steal his personality and transform his brain to useless pulp. Concentrating on this intruder he gathered all his will to defeat it. Both sorcerers just stood still in the cave, focusing their minds on the battle no mortal could see.
The Composer felt psychic attacks like physical ones, a hit in the stomach, a kick to the head and worst of all, a slice into his shoulder. But while he felt minor pain his enemy seemingly got hit worse by his unending attacks against the mind of the Thousand Son. His enemy fell down to his knees, rising his arms almost to protect himself against the Composer's merciless attacks on mind and soul. Until he couldn't hold it much longer, his armour crumbled under invisible pressure until it reformed itself, smashing the astartes inside and remaking his corpse and armour into a little pile of rubbish, not much bigger than a hand. Satisfied by his doing the Composer smiled, but inside his hunger for the scream still wasn't satisfied.  He scouted the cave, finding the psychic source but seemingly it was locked away. A big cube was floating above a giant podest, vibrating in energy. The Composer touched it, clearly feeling the power of the warp inside the weird construction. Not sure how to proceed he walked around it a few times, touching it on different spots and even trying to slam his staff against it. But still nothing happened. The cube was just floating without any sign that his attacks were any efficient. Somehow disappointed by this he turned away from the cube and sat down on some rocks, thinking about how to crack it open.