Oh My My My

She said, I was seven and you were nine

I looked at you like the stars that shined

In the sky, the pretty lights

And our daddies used to joke about the two of us

Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled

And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my

It was 1999. A little girl that looked to be about seven years old sat patiently and silently on her front porch, as she had been for the past twenty minutes, waiting for her best friend to arrive. She had long beautiful wavy brown hair that her mom had fixed beautifully for the occasion by braiding some of it and pinning it back then adding a beautiful flower crown, and big ocean blue eyes that shined with excitement, curiosity, and mischief. That little girl with the big bright smile, that she was nick named after by her father, was Miley Cyrus.

It was the day of her seventh birthday. Her mother had dressed her in a beautiful white sundress, seeing as it was rather warm for a November day in Los Angeles. She wore pastel pink gladiator sandals on her small feet that she was currently tapping on the last step as she waited, humming softly to herself.

From the inside of her house, her father watched her by the window. He chuckled to himself at how patient his usually very impatient daughter was being. "That boy has her so love struck." He called to his wife, who was doing some finishing touches on the gift table.

Mrs. Cyrus looked up from her task, raising her eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

Right outside, the little nine year old boy that had Miley waiting for the past thirty minutes rounded the corner with his parents behind him. But unlike his parents, the boy was running even though his mother was scolding him and warning him not to drop the gift he insisted on carrying on the short walk over from their house. He huffed and slowed down reluctantly. Once he caught sight of his best friend though, he grinned to himself, racing off again and ignoring his mothers pleads for him to be careful. He hopped the fence like he had done many times before professionally, landing on his loafer covered feet.

He was dressed in slacks and a sweater vest because Miley had insisted for a "grown up dinner party" for her birthday. After long negotiations with her mother, she agreed to have a "grown up brunch" instead because it wasn't ideal to throw a dinner party for seven year olds with bed times. His hair was slicked back with hair gel and he sported a big goofy smile. That little boy was Zac Efron.

When Miley saw him, her eyes lit up and she squealed, jumping off her porch and running to meet him at the gate, throwing her arms around him tightly.

Her father smirked at the two and waved his wife over. "That." He said, pointing at the hugging kids.

His wife walked over and peeked out of the window as her husband commented, "I bet you they'll grow up and fall in love." To which she laughed with an eye roll and replied,

"Oh my. That'll be the day."

Take me back to the house in the backyard tree

Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me

You never did, you never did

Take me back when our world was one block wide

I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried

Just two kids, you and I...

Oh my, my, my, my

"You look cute today Zaccie." Miley commented innocently as they sat up alone in her treehouse a little later, seeing as Zac was her first party guest.