Chapter 8: Thoughts

Please note: I decided to change it to point of view to the actual characters, so the story is now in first person. Hope that's okay. (If not let me know)

~Adiras POV~

I carefully inspected my new sword. It was made out of the finest and strongest steel, with a carefully handcrafted handle. It was perfect, no shadow blade, but still okay. I still knew that I had to get my sword back. I thought about the attempted attack on Cass, boy was that a failure. And then that girl came, with, with that tiny dagger. I mean it saved my life, but still. I wonder where she got it from, or if she made it. That thing must be pretty tough it can slice one of those rocks. I don't know. Maybe I should visit her. After all that drama that's happened, maybe she could use a little company...

~Vias POV~

"If I were Varian where would I be?" I thought out loud, running out of the castle in the middle of the night. But suddenly I realized where he would have gone. I quickly spotted a horse and merely 'borrowed' it. For the trip I was going to make is gonna take me a while. We galloped off, and I started to wonder about the queen. It just seemed so odd. Why would she just let me go? Did she really believe me? These thoughts floated through my mind, as I headed to the only place I could think of where he would be.

When I finally got there, I creaked open the broken wooden door. I stared inside, and for the first time ever, saw what caused a good kid to go bad. I put my hand against the amber, cold to the touch. I could suddenly see why Varian has down what he did. I looked around to see, Well, a giant mess. Papers and plans everywhere, cracks in the ground, alchemy supplies scattered all over. I then went back, searching the house. And for whatever reason, could not find him. "Varian?" I shouted out. "If your hiding, it's just me, Via." No response. I finally realized he wasn't here. But where could he be? Just before I left, I put my hand onto the amber again. And then, I started to wonder. I slowly slipped my hand into my pocket, and pulled out the dagger. "I could try..." I though, knowing these things could full well cut through the rocks, why not amber. As I tinked the blade against the hard barrier, I immediately retreated. "No, no. I know Varian wants to do it himself." I turned away from the rock, carefully sliding back through the door, heading back out. Varian wasn't here. Now only one thought went through my head - where could Varian be?

~Varians POV~

"Oh come on Rudiger. You know we can't go back." I whispered to him, as he scampered to try to get back up onto the dock. "I know, I want to go back too, but this is the safest place for now, Vias smart, she's probably already escaped." The raccoon merely looked at me, and continued to scamper on the tiny rowboat. If Vias been alive for so long, she's probably got some kinda magic of her own at this point. I thought to myself, snacking on an apple I found.

I stared out at the water, the moonlight spreading across the whole bay, lighting it up. Maybe we could, sail away? You and me Rudiger, runaways over the seas! I laughed at the thought, but knew I couldn't do it, not without Via. I just had to remember my plan, it was going well.  That's when I remembered the moment, the moment it happened.

Woah! I yelled, dizzy all of the sudden. I looked around, confused, as I was no longer by the docks. "Where am I?" It was all so familiar, and yet, I still didn't know. And then I saw it. The moonstone. Shining bright in its little circle. "Why am I all the way here?" I asked, although no one answered. I peered around me, and that's when I saw them. I saw my dad, my mom, and Via, except something was different. They were all so much, younger. And Adira was there too. She kinda looked the same. I struggled for a moment, so puzzled to where and why I was here, but in a blink, I finally figured out where I was. "Mom?" I cried out, but realized at this time, I was just a baby. No one could hear me. I watched in terror and awe, as a man with a cape and crown and funny moustache approached the moonstone, yelled something, then stuck his hand inside trying to get to it. And then there was a large flash. A boom. Bigger than any explosion I could ever make. I saw them there, through the rubble, my mind throbbing. I was still so confused. And then suddenly, I was picked up. It was my dad. And just as he looked into my eyes and smiled, it all disappeared.

"Varian?" Via snapped. "Wha, where, where am I?" My mind was in pain, spinning uncontrollably. "Shhhhh. We don't want anyone hearing us. Not while we are both on the run." My mind was finally able to focus, as I saw her big blue eyes meet mine. "What just happened, Varian?"

If you are reading this because you genuinely like it, please tell me! Don't be a ghost reader, and if you have any constructive criticism I would be happy to take it! <3