Into The Forest

He's waiting.

It's been ten minutes since the last school bell had rung it's terrible ring, people had been bustling out so fast that now there was practically no one jumping excitedly down those five stone steps.

Tyler tapped his foot impatiently on the pavement, he didn't own a watch, but he kept checking the back of his wrist for the time.

People stared, they all stared actually, and Tyler pulls his jacket, Josh's jacket to be more specific, tighter around his torso, shivering slightly as the glacial wind chill slithers up his spine.

He sighs, deciding to look around instead of waiting for Josh, bored.

Turning to face the road, Tyler can see the edge of the Enchanted Forest from where he's standing.

It's not hard to see it, it's a huge vast portion of Columbus, the whole town is practically built around it in a circle, there were parts still unexplored, and Tyler wanted to be the one to explore them.

He knew where he wanted to take Josh this evening, it was the first clearing you could reach on this side of the town, and everyone on the other other half never dares to enter the Forest.

Tyler has heard the tales many times, they even fenced off that half of the forest so people can't enter, tales of beast creatures that walked on two legs, exiting the Forest in order to hunt.

It wasn't just the local farm animals they hunted, wives tales of humans shredded in their own homes, left on the streets to be discovered the next day, Tyler knew he could handle anything within that forest, and if he Josh was what he thought, then he would understand Tyler more than ever.

It's been twenty minutes now, Tyler's foot tapping has now graduated to chaotic twists and turns to try and catch a sight of Josh, within these few moments of turning and gazing about, Tyler catches sight of Zach staring at him.

He's eyeing him off, looking him up and down, Tyler stares back, tilts his head and squints.

Tyler wants to let Zach know what he could do to him, he could hurt him, and he knows he could kill him if Zach tried anything too far, Tyler smirks, he just wants to squeeze his smug face with his mind-

"Hey!"

Tyler jumps and spins midair, clutching at his chest.

"What the hell man, I've been calling your name for ages?" Josh shrugs at him in a way Tyler describes as annoyed, thumbs hooked through the straps on his backpack, he chews a piece of gum.

His breath smells mighty fresh.

"Sorry I was just, thinking..." he trails off, peeking at Zach, who's now talking to his friends, laughing.

"You looked angry, I don't think I've seen you angry?" Josh questions as they begin to walk away, heading down the school driveway, Tyler grins.

"I'm not angry, you don't know me," he bumps Josh with his shoulder, continuing off the curb and across the street. "Besides, I cant be angry with what I'm about to show you."

"Still don't like how that sounds." Josh chuckles, as they walk and talk, Tyler begins to gossip about Zach, Josh doesn't really care what he's talking about, he doesn't really hear him.

Josh is nervous, and Josh feels strangely hot when he's around Tyler.

Not in the way of attraction, Josh know what hat feels like, but an odd, primal heat physically radiates through his skin, and Tyler smells different now, everything about everyone at his school smells different.