- III -

Wait it out.

Glancing at the ticking clock above the blackboard was excruciatingly tedious and painful. Midoriya could only imagine the look of disbelief painted on his mother's face as the news was broken to her that his son somehow managed to land a sweet spot on an after school detention on his first day.

The emerald locked boy held his breath as the door to the detention room opened and a rather tall and built man strode in. His smile showed his pearly whites in a beaming manner as he looked rather surprised that a student was peculiarly early to detention.

"Young boy, may I ask what your name is?" His voice rang throughout the enclosed walls of the cramped classroom, booming within the younger boy's chest."

"Izu- Midoriya Izuku." The new student slapped himself mentally for fumbling on his words.

Obtaining a name from the seemingly mysterious new student in front him, the detention supervisor for the day looked on his clipboard which seemed rather minuscule amidst his large hands. Despite looking rather intimidating upon first impressions, his mannerisms reflected a rather clumsy individual as he mumbled the list of students in trouble on his list quietly, before stopping at the green haired boy as he pointed at his name on the clipboard.

"Aha! Found it. You're a new face." The teacher exclaimed enthusiastically before a handful of trouble looking teens spilled into the room. As soon as the bunch of lousy teenagers entered, the teacher's focus was shifted onto them as the teacher made light banter with a few of the students, letting Midoriya breathe a sigh of relief.

The greenette observed the diverse individuals with different characters that piled into the room. One student particularly caught his eye with his indigo hair that looked soft to touch as well as worn down eyes. He looked tired to say the least.

Upon noticing that the wide eyed newbie was staring at him, one of his eyebrows rose with taunting suspicion, "you need something?" He asked sarcastically.

"I-uh...no?" The shorter male replied, unsure of what the right answer should be.

"Don't take it personally kid, that's just Shinso." A bubblegum haired girl chimed in placing a friendly hand upon Midoriya's shoulder. He gave a nervous smile upon hearing the bubbly girl's statement before she continued. "So what landed you in a friday after school detention?" Her voice was cheery despite the depressing mood of the classroom.

"I just went out of school premises during lunch earlier this week..." the freckled boy's response was shockingly quiet, causing one to strain their ears to hear.

"Really? What for?" Intrigue immediately piqued the loud girl's interest as she wondered why on earth the innocent looking boy would break such a rule.

"...Cig-cigarettes." The greenette didn't know what lie to contour up in the split second that she asked thus spilling the truth unintentionally.

Hearing the surprising reason that led to the naïve boy into breaking a rule, her mind instantly linked the incident to the school's most crafty one of the rebellious students.

"Himiko huh?" Her tone took a sharp turn into being more serious as her golden orbs held a sea of pity and empathy.

Nodding shyly, the emerald eyes of Midoriya casted downwards upon hearing the name of the coy girl who was responsible for the peer pressure.

"Well, enough of her! My name's Ashido Mina, just call me by Mina." The light hearted personality sprung back up as introduced herself with a playful wink. Gesturing towards the moody boy earlier, she gave a friendly grin before jumping on his hunched down shoulders, "and this right here is Shinso! Say cheeseee." She loudly exclaimed whilst placing her fingers on both sides of his mouth before pulling them apart to reveal a slightly forced and out of placed smile that was smudged onto face.

Midoriya laughed at the comical dynamic between the two. They were no doubt reoccurring students in the worn down detention classroom.

"So what are you in here for?" The initially shy boy decided to ask, to relieve the spike of curiosity that rooted itself in his stomach.

"The one thing I do best: talking." The uplifting girl replied with a joking shrug as she followed it with a light chuckle. It was no surprise that her endless chatter annoyed teachers to no end as they begrudgingly write her a note of detention. The greenette's pupils landed on the quiet boy from earlier, eager to know his reason too. Seeing Midoriya's slight interest in her introverted friend, she decided to answer for him. "Can't you tell already? He's in here for falling asleep in class." Mina jabbed her thumb at the companion who now took a seat in front of her. "All. The. Time." She finished her earlier sentence as she poked her finger annoyingly on his back. The two seemed to be comfortable with each other's presence despite Shinso's seemingly non-amiable responses.

And so a punishingly iconic feature of high school was experienced as Midoriya sat in silence, wishing time to go by quicker. The students that occupied the distasteful room either spent their minutes doodling on the frayed surfaces of desks or discreetly snoozing, the only sound that echoed was the ticking of the clock that hung above the blackboard in full view.

The buff teacher could hardly notice the idle teenagers as he too was having trouble staying awake amidst the utterly pointless punishment.

The deafening silence laid upon the classroom thickly before it was broken by the ear perching creak of the door.

Halfway through the meaningless ordeal, a figure that's been lingering on the greenette's mind strolled in, completely unbothered by the fact that his tardiness to the detention would only lead to its repetition.

Upon seeing the rebellious teenager in the doorway, the approachable face of the upbeat teacher turned into a frown like a stroke of lightning. As he stood up slowly, both individuals maintained steady eye contact.

"Young Bakugou, a word with you outside." His voice was stern unlike the pleasing tone he used with Midoriya.

At the shut of the door that segregated the two of them from the class, an implosion of murmurs spread across the dingy classroom.

"Is that the Bakugou katsuki?" A girl with pigtails whispered under her breath, her eyes wide with astonishment.

"He's lowkey hot." Another female student spoke up, the sound of her chewing gum sticking out annoyingly in the ears of all those in the room.

Another student waved their hand, harbouring everyone's attention as he hushed, "I heard he's in a gang." His statement elicited a mix of responses ranging from interested gasps to bored eye rolls at the incredulous suggestion.

A concoction of feelings sprouted within Midoriya's chest as he recalled his encounter with the seemingly infamous teen. The emerald eyed boy turned over to Mina, his newly made friend, before asking her his first of many questions. "Why is it such a shock he's here?"

His innocent question caused the pink haired girl to chuckle slightly before replying, "You see newbie, he's someone who you hear about a lot but never actually shows up to school." Her answer was simple yet it only spurred Midoriya further as new questions bubbled at the back of his throat.

However before the inquisitive teen could carry on, the conversations of the room cut to a dead silence as the topic of everyone's chatter walked back into the room. The beady stares of every teen in Friday detention hung heavily on his shaped figure including the doe pupils of the greenette.

His walk, that oozed the type of confidence that tilted on the side of arrogance rather than security, captured the attention of everyone as his striking red pupils looked ahead without hesitation.

Yet for a split second, his unwavering gaze was broken as the fiery ruby of his eyes met with the tranquil emerald of the greenette's.

Only for the grade A bad boy to continue to his dentention seat, ignoring every single individual in the room.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰