Cody

"So, why are we doing this again?" Obi-Wan looked over his shoulder at Alpha-17's grumbled question, smiling at the grumpy clone.

"Because they want us to check on the commands not led by a Jedi," Obi-Wan explained once again. "Mostly they want us to check on Admirals who may struggle with a command."

"Even if they've been in the Navy for a while?" Alpha asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Particularly them," Obi-Wan said. "They may struggle to lead clones with their, well, beliefs."

Alpha scoffed, shaking his head. "You mean the belief that clones shouldn't exist."

Obi-Wan sighed and gave a small nod. "Sadly."

Alpha growled in his throat, slumping back in his seat as he glared out the window. First he had to go see stupid, clone-phobic natural borns who were leading his brothers into death, and second...he had to wear his stupid officer greys until they landed and got the formalities over and done with.

"Stop your pouting, Alpha," Obi-Wan laughed softly. "I can feel it from here."

"You're sitting right in front of me, Kenobi, I don't doubt you can feel it with your Force thing," Alpha grumbled. "And I'm not pouting."

"Mmhmm, sure you aren't."

"Just keep flying, Kenobi."

They soon came upon the Triumph and Obi-Wan coasted their ship into the hangar, landing smoothly.

"Be thankful I'm flying, Alpha," Obi-Wan chuckled as they went to disembark. "If Anakin was flying, you'd probably be crash-landing."

"I am not getting in a ship with your Padawan," Alpha grunted. "Damn reckless."

"I know," Obi-Wan said easily. They walked down the ramp, being greeted by the Admiral. He was short and stout with black hair with greying temples. His ice blue eyes flickered to Alpha briefly before looking back to Obi-Wan.

"Admiral Lyall," Obi-Wan greeted. "I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, this is my commander, Alpha-17."

"It is a pleasure to have you on board, Master Jedi," Lyall said, inclining his head. "This is my commander: Tyrone," Lyall indicated to a tall man beside him.

"Commander Tyrone," Obi-Wan bowed slightly in greeting.

"It is a pleasure, Master Kenobi," Tyrone responded. Obi-Wan's gaze drifted slightly to the left and landed on a clone standing somewhat behind Lyall, eyes fixed to the floor.

"And this must be your captain?" Obi-Wan asked, smiling encouragingly at the clone, who still didn't lift his gaze.

"Yes," Lyall said shortly. "CC-2224."

Obi-Wan felt Alpha stiffen slightly beside him and gave a nod. "I see," he murmured. "How are you finding your assignment, Captain?"

The clone finally looked up and his amber eyes met Obi-Wan's grey ones. Obi-Wan's brow furrowed slightly as he noticed how empty and lifeless those amber eyes were. Those eyes weren't like the eyes of the other clones that Obi-Wan knew; he was used to seeing those eyes filled with light, either mischievous light or determined fire. Obi-Wan examined the Force around the clone and almost winced at the staggering feeling of uselessness surrounding him.

"It is fine, sir," the clone said, voice quiet. Lyall didn't even look at him.

"Well, shall we, General Kenobi?" Lyall asked. Obi-Wan blinked, tearing his gaze away from the dejected clone.

"Oh, yes, of course...lead on."

Obi-Wan exchanged a look with Alpha before the followed Lyall and the others. CC-2224 lingered for a moment before following behind them all. They walked onto the bridge and towards the holo-table.