Chapter 25

*Marcus POV*

"Hey fat mama" I said picking up my daughter out her crib at the daycare It is my week with Lai. Diamond and I have a rather... non-existent relationship. We have been co parenting Laila for the past couple months. I can't believe that we were once a strong close knit couple, and now.. we barely speak unless it's pertaining to Lai. I remember the distinct moment where I knew we were over.

Flashback

"Alright Lori. You can go ahead and go home. I'm tired and we have prepped enough for this case tomorrow. I think you are almost ready to lead first chair on a case soon" I said to my assistant. She was very helpful.

"Yes sir" she said beginning to pack her things. I was so ready to be home watching my daughter laugh and smile. I feel like I am missing her grow when I am at work. Diamond started working part time at a front desk at some business, so we put Laila into a daycare center. They always send text updates and pictures and Laila is just growing.

I shook my head out of my thoughts and stacked my papers on my desk in order of importance. Once Lori and I were all packed up, we walked out as I locked the door behind me.

"Have a nice night Mr. Johnson"

"You do the same" I said getting into my car.

I think I was racing against time to get home because I got there in a record time of 10 minutes when it usually takes me 20 minutes to get there. I loosened up my tie as I walked to the door.

When I walked in, I heard giggling like noises coming from the living room. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, and honestly prepared myself for what I was about to see.

I walked into the living room seeing Antonio kissing on Diamond's neck. They were wrapped in a blanket and he didn't have on a shirt.

"You wrong as fuck, Diamond" I said causing both of them to jump and turn around to look at me. I wasn't surprised. I continued to live with Diamond because I didn't want her to run off with our daughter.

"It's not what-"

"it looks like" I said finishing her sentence. "You need to leave" I said pointing at Antonio. "and you..." I said pointing to Diamond. I couldn't even say anything

End of Flashback

"You getting so big mama" I said as she started laughing. Laila was a very goofy baby.

"Thank you guys" I said to the daycare workers.

"No problem Mr. Johnson" they said back as I walked out to my car. I put Laila in her car seat, buckling her in. I kissed her forehead before getting into the car.

I'm glad that Diamond and I are no longer together. I don't think I could put myself through getting disrespected to the max on a daily.

*Keenan's POV*

Anari's salon, with my upgrades, add-ons, and decorations, was finally finished and I still haven't told her that I knew about it. It was absolutely amazing how things came together. I know she will be thankful for it. She just might hate me for getting involved in her secret project.

"Okay. Kareem's fed and burped" Anari said walking into the boys' room and sitting into the rocking chair. I was holding Kyndall. My lil nigga be chillin like crazy.

"Was he behaved cause I'll beat him up bout giving his ma problems" I said causing her to smile. "Umm... I have something to tell you"

"Yeah he was and what do you need to tell me" she said making faces at Kareem.