Chapter 1

I woke up on my king sized bed and yawned with a smile. I slipped my dark blue cocktail dress on and head to my full sized bathroom. I looked in the mirror disgusted with my raven hair everywhere, and had to move it out of my face to see my emerald green eyes. I blinked twice and grabbed my hair brush off my counter and had a second thought of not taking a shower this morning, but to wait until tonight. I slipped out of my dress, and went into my 10 person shower. I used my luxurious shampoo and conditioner, and brushed my hair and teeth while in there.

After that, I just sat in the corner of my shower letting the hot water hit me. I could hear every drop, and sense the steam around me. After 10 or so minutes I got up and did a cold rinse on my hair. I got out and blow dried it, brushed it, and put on some chapstick, eyeliner, and mascara. I didn't really do much as Kace had said my features didn't need it. I put my dress back on with some small gold jewelry and head downstairs and saw him.

Wait, oh. I should probably tell you how I got here. You're probably so confused. Sorry, my fault.

It was an April day and we landed about a week ago in California. My stepmother and I. My real mother couldn't afford to take care of me when her and my dad got divorced. She now lives with my dad's mother. She isn't financially great either. Last I knew, they were losing their home. My dad died about 3 years ago from cancer. So now I'm stuck with my stepmother. Who hates me, a lot. I was 8 when she and my dad got married. I remember complaining that, “I don't want a new mommy.” That must've been the day she started to hate me, because after the wedding she straight up told me not to worry, as she'll be no mother to me.

I'm 15 now, my birthday is the 16th of June. We were in California because my stepmother wanted to audition for movies. It was always her dream, to be famous and above other people. We were staying at Bellum and Bailey's Hotel. This place was so expensive, but she didn't care how much money she wasted. She came back to our room one day and walked in. I wasn't there, I was down in the room below us, calling an ambulance for this old woman who had had a stroke and was dying. I didn't have time to call her to tell her where I was. The paramedics finally arrived and down the flight of stairs came my stepmother, she saw me and shrieked. The paramedics left with the poor gray haired woman, and she walked up to me in the doorway.

She slapped me. Hard, across my face. With the hand with all her jewelry on. I felt liquid and reached my hand up to my cheek, there was a few cuts that were bleeding. I started to cry as she kept going on and on about how I'm “insolent, always misbehaving, always finding trouble, and always causing pain for her, and she's just done”. She ran up the stairs to our floor in her heels and walked into our place.

She then threw my suitcase that was tiny out the door at me. It hit my arm, and knocked me onto the floor. “Get out. Get out and don't come back you monstrous child!” She then slammed the door. I didn't know what to. She just abandoned me. She just kicked me out, what do I do? I grabbed my suitcase and walked out of the building. I went to the nearest park and sat on the bench. Great, I can't call Mom or Granny. I don't know their numbers, or where they live. And I don't even have a phone. My eyes kept dropping tear after tear. I must of cried for at least a half hour before someone tapped on my shoulder.

“Excuse me miss, but why are you here in the park crying?” It was a guy a little taller than me, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He gave an 'Im sorry’ kind of smile as he waited for me to answer. I know there's gonna be haters, but what do I got to lose?

“My stepmother hates me and kicked me out, my dad died 3 years ago, and I have no clue on how to find my real mother.” He looked at me in shock and we locked eyes. He stared at mine for a little while then smiled. He gestured for me to follow him. At this point I don't care. I don't care if he's a kidnapper or murderer. I got up and followed him. He led me to his car. He must've been rich. This was a Mercedes. “Woah, you've got a nice car.” He smiled as he got in, and rolled the passenger window down. He looked at me and nodded.

“Get in. Come on, I promise I'm not gonna murder you.” I cautiously got in. Well you could be a rapist. He started to drive.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Wow. 880 words not including this little blurb. I hope to God this book is good and not a flop. ALL IDEAS ARE MINE. NO PLAGERISM, OR COPYING IS ALLOWED. AND NO USING OF THE TITLE WITHOUT AUTHOR REFERENCE!!! AND YES I WILL PUBLISH THIS ON PAPERBACK SOMEDAY. Besides that, have fun reading y'all. And any ideas or other suggestions/advice are ALWAYS accepted!!! ♡