- Chapter Twelve -

"I'm coming Fitzy!" I yelled, running out of door of my house.

"What took you so long, Sencen?" asked Tam with a smirk as I climbed into the second row of the car.

"If you must know, I was styling The Hair." I replied confidently as Tam rolled his eyes.

Tam and I continued to bicker as Della pulled out of the driveway of my house and started going towards the mall. When we got there Della said to call her when they were ready to get picked up. Apparently keeping up with the girls yesterday wasn't as easy as it sounded. Actually, now that I think about it, I would not want to be stuck shopping with Biana. I shuddered thinking about how many stores Biana dragged Sophie and Linh into. Sophie. I tried to forget about the fact that I failed to ask her out, twice. But it just wasn't possible. Not for now, not for me.

"Keefe, you alright." asked Dex as I realized that I was staring off into space.

"Yeah, I was just wondering how Bangs Boy can see with that ugly haircut." I replied smugly, as Tam rolled his eyes.

"Better watch those eye rolls before they pop out of their sockets." I said with a smirk.

"Shut up, Sencen." replied Tam.

"How about we just go inside." said Fitz, obviously trying to keep Tam and I from fighting. As Fitz told us about the girls' insane shopping trip, we entered the men's section of a department store.

After three hours, we all exited the store with our homecoming outfit. All of us got a white oxford shirt with a collar, as well as a suit go with it. Tam's suit was black because, well, he's Tam. Wylie's was purple, although he kept telling me that it was "plum". Dear old Fitzypoo's was dark gray, Dex's was a light gray, and mine was navy blue. 

Ten minutes after Fitz called Della to come pick us up, Alden pulled up in the mall parking lot in the Vacker's SUV.

"Did you guys all find the right outfits?" asked Alden, unlocking the car door so that we could all climb in.

"Yeah." said Fitz.

"Oh, come on Fitzy. Don't you want to tell him how dashing you looked in your suit." I teased, as Fitz rolled his eyes at me.

"Oh, no. I think Bangs Boy's influencing you." I said, as Fitz punched me playfully on the shoulder and Tam rolled his eyes, again.

"Come on, boys. Get into your seats." said Alden, chuckling.

"Alright." everyone responded in unison as Dex and Tam climbed into the third row and Wylie, Fitz, and I took our seats in the second row.

When Alden dropped me off at my house I said a quick thank you before running up to my room. I closed the door before taking the suit out of the bag and holding it in front of me. As I walked in front of my mirror, I wondered if I could work up the courage to ask Sophie to the dance.

Without thinking it through, I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

"Keefe?" she said.

"Uh, hi." I responded, already getting nervous.

"Why did you call me?" she asked.

"Ummmm." I said, as my palms started to get clammy.

"I-I, uh butt dialed you. Sorry." I blurted.

"Okay, bye." she replied, sounding confused.

As she hung up, I asked myself: HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AGAIN?!?!?!?! WHY OH WHY AM I SUCH AN IDIOT?!?!?!?!!!!!!! I walked around my room, smacking my forehead thinking about how awkward it'll be tomorrow during math.

A/N: now my browsing history is filled with searches for homecoming outfits 😂😂