Whatever It Takes

In  this story Peter and MJ are already in a established relationship, they've been together for quite sometime, before the snap.

Five Years

I lost five years and now I'm back fighting Thanos and the Black Order

I look around and see people fighting and dying.

I'm tired of seeing people suffer, risking everything to save the day but in the end it all goes to hell.

All these great heroes that have contributed so much more to the world than I have.

Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, The Hulk, Thor, Falcon, Doctor Strange and many more.

What has Spider-Man really done, I'm just some kid from Queens who got bit by a spider by chance.

All I know is that we cannot lose again, the universe depends on it.

I know what I have to do but should I do it.

While taking cover from fire, I land next to one of the Mystic Art Sorcerer bleeding out.

"Hey hey hey hey its gonna be okay man, you're gonna be fine" I try to comfort him.

He lets out a watery chuckle, " Yeah right, I know a dead man when I see it."

I took a look at the blast wound on his chest, it went right through probably pierced a lung.

"Hey look I'm gonna get you help, you just hold on." As I get up to find help he grips my arm.

" Listen I'm not gonna make it, so don't waste your time, just make sure that they don't win ok, the universe depends on it." He says taking one last final breath accepting his fate, his grip on my arm loosened and his hand fell to the ground.

Peter hangs his head lows and reaches to close his eyes so he can rest peacefully.

That's the second time I've seen someone die in front of me and it probably won't be the last today if I don't do something worth doing.

Peter jumps up and shoots a web onto one of those space dog thingies, and lands on the thing punching it in the head, in the process.

While doing so he sees Black Panther running through the horde with the Nano-Gauntlet in hand.

In that moment he knew what he had to do.

"Karen, you still in there"

' Peter its been awhile, it's good to hear from you again'

"Same, look I know it's been a while but do you remember the thing I told you to do just in case I ever you know....."

' The Waterspout Protocol..., Peter are you certain this is what you want.' Karen hesitantly asked.

" Yes....No... I don't know, but the universe needs this so................. what the hell lets do it."

'Vocal Confirmation Key'

" Ben, Mary and Richard" Peter said

'Confirmation Key Accepted, It's been an honor Peter Parker, May the Force be with you.'

Thanks Karen...for everything, May the Force be with you too.' I let out a chuckle at her saying that, Man I watch too much Star Wars. 

I see Black Panther scrambling for the gauntlet but that weird alien guy is lifting it off the ground with his powers, it's do or die time.  I jump as high in the air as I can towards him.

" I GOT IT !" I yelled, shooting a web at the gauntlet.

Woah I got it I actually have it, I feel the entire attention of the battlefield shift to me, all of it expected when you have literally the the fate of the universe resting in the palms of your hands. You'd think my mind would be firing at light-speed but that wasn't the case considering what I'm about to do. The only thing I could think about was how safe everyone will be after this in over, my friends, May, Ned and of course MJ. My only regret is that I couldn't be there for her... for both of them. 

I decide to head down memory lane one last time, I remember May bringing in a burnt cake for my birthday, I'll miss her cooking no matter how many times it was burnt. Me and Ned finishing the Lego Death Star, no matter how many times we end up breaking it by accident I'll always enjoy rebuilding with him. Then there's MJ... I feel like a massive jerk for what I'm about to do to her and I hope she'll find some way to forgive me, but as long as people like Thanos around to threaten her existence I have no choice but to do this. I'd say my favorite memory out of everything is taking her to the top of Empire State to watch the sunset, it was the first time she told me she loved me and she'd never stop loving me no matter what .

I hadn't realized I had landed on one of those space dog thingys until I saw a horde of them coming towards me, crap this is so not good not good at all. It's now or never.

" ACTIVATE INSTANT KILL",  My suits pincers came out and started ripping them to shreds, I moved the stones from the Nano Gaunlet to my suit, my heart was pounding 'Here goes nothing'. The stones locked into places burning through the nano-tech searing into my hand.

"GGAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" I clutched my hand in agonzing pain, tears pouring from my eyes, I can feel the power of the infinty stones burning through every fiber of my body, it was like I was going to explode.

I forced my hand up and snapped my fingers then everything white,  when I opened my eyes all I see is a orange sky and the ground was wet. I sat up and noticed I wasn't in my Iron Spider suit anymore but in my regular red and blue.  

I stand up to see someone standing next to a baby crib, I walk over to see my Uncle Ben admiring a sleeping baby.

" Uncle Ben ?" I walked up beside him and looked at the baby, the baby was wrapped in a white blanket and had a light brown skin tone with reddish curly hair.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, " She's an angel kiddo" Uncle Ben smiled at me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at her " Did I do the right thing Uncle Ben ?"

He looked at me with a warm smile " I think you did what you thought was right in the moment and to be honest Peter,  that's the best any of us can ask for."

Long time no see huh, this was sitting in my vault for a long time. I can't say I'm offically back alot has changed since I was posting on this platform. I hope posting this and you all reading it will give me the drive to start back up again. I have this idea to make one or two more chapters for this perticular story, one chapter being the reaction of all the other heroes and the other the funeral but I'll leave that up to you guys if you want me to do it. Enjoy and please stay safe . - S.W