CH. 13

Apparently, Connor had a plan to get Alessio and I to tell each other how we felt by the end of the night.

Then he got an incoming call from his mother.

"Listen, mom, I'm on a date-"

"What do you mean, Callie got in an accident?"He asks and I widen my eyes

"What?"I mutter in confusion

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming."He says and he puts his phone away

"Well you can go along with the plan-"Connor whispers but I cut him off

"No, I'm coming with you, Connor."I stated seriously

"I'll come too."Jeremy concluded and we all leave twenty dollar bills on the table

"Put my plate in a to-go box please, Mads!"I say and stare at Alessio until we're out the door.

I quickly took out my keys and watched as the two boys climbed into my car.

"Where to?"

* * *

Callie was Connor's older sister who I referred to as Connor number two. She was the exact replica of him except she was the girl version who was absolutely beautiful... and pregnant.

Which is why, this 'accident' was bad. Like, very bad.

Like, she could lose the 7 month old baby, bad.

We had been sitting in the waiting room for over 8 hours with Connor's mom and little brother. It was two in the morning but Jeremy and I refused to leave Connor at a time like this.

Jeremy and I had gone to the vending machines to buy a bunch of snacks.

"So, what are you gonna do about Alessio?"He asks and I shrug

"I honestly have no idea. He always does this and then leaves. What if he does it again, Jer?"

"So what if he does? Will it be the end of the world to give your first love a chance? When you told me everything that had happened between the two of you, I was fucking astounded. How could two teenagers go through so much shit and still find there way back to each other? Maybe it's what everyone secretly craves... Love, and since we're being open and honest, do you really wanna let that go?"He sounded so serious for once that I felt like I was talking to a different person.

"I- I don't-"

"Guys! We can go see her!"Connor shouts.

We glance at each other before running towards the room she was in.

We had barged in witnessing  her looking so bruised and cut. She had a bandage over her head and a cast on her left arm and right leg. She had a stitched cheek with swollen eyes that were shut with a thick tube around her mouth.

I began crying as I examined her. Connor rushed over to her as he broke down into tears.

I looked at the nurse who looked sympathetic and watched as a doctor came in.

"I have unfortunate news for your family..."The doctor began but I stopped listening as I quickly wrapped my arms around Connor as he sobbed uncontrollably.

Why did bad things happen to such good people?

Connor and his family were so amazing, and not to mention his sister. Eighteen years old who was on the verge of being a single mom who managed to keep a smile on her face.

The father of the baby died of an club shooting, and now she was basically dead because of a car accident.

"-only five percent of her brain is still functioning at the moment and I don't think it'll get better. The machine is what's keeping her alive, and it's your decision whether to let her live off of that or pull the plug."He finishes and I watch as Connor's five year old brother, Caleb, starts holding Callie's right hand tightly.

"Callie! Callie please wake up and tell the doctor to stop talking non sense!"He whined and this caused tears to spill from my cheeks

I watch as Mrs. Mendes also began bawling her eyes out.

"There is Hope, though."The doctor continued and they all looked up

"Hope... is the name she kept telling us before we took her to surgery. She said that the baby's name... should be Hope Mendes-Antonello. During surgery we couldn't put her on anesthesia because of the probability of losing her and the baby... But we also realized that the baby... had began to come. So, with the last bit of life your daughter had left, she pulled through with finishing what she began... She birthed her child, and named her all in the span of 8 hours."The doctor explains and I watch as Caleb starts squealing

"Can we see the baby?!"

"Yes, but she's in the NICU because of being a premature baby. She'll need to stay here for about three months."The doctor explains and I watch as Mrs. Mendes stands walking over to Callie kissing her forehead.

"Can we see the baby?"

* * *

Jeremy and I had been taken back out to the waiting rooms when the realized we weren't family.

Connor pleaded then to let us stay but his mom figured he needed time alone to say goodbye to Callie.

It was now four AM and I was dozing off on Jeremy's shoulder.

That's when I hear a bunch of footsteps that make me sit up.

I see Maddie and Hannah walk in.

"Jesus, you're mom was pissed."Maddie says and I nod calmly

"I turned my phone off, did you tell her what happened?"

"Yeah, she wanted me to come check up on you. How's it going?"She asks

"They're gonna pull the plug on Connor's sister."I whisper as I wipe my eyes

"What about the baby-"Hannah asks but Jeremy cuts her off

"Born premature, she's alive."Jeremy finishes and I watch as Hannah sits in front of us

"How's Connor?"She mumbles

"A mess. He's saying goodbye. We're next."I reply as I look over at Jeremy who had an extreme sticking out of his mouth as he snored

"Jesus. Callie didn't deserve this."Hannah stammered and I nod as I began tearing up again

"Alessio told me to ask if you're okay... He also wanted me to give you this."Maddie mutters handing me a letter

I open it and see a picture of him and I at the county fair grounds. He had me on his back while I held a cotton candy.

I remembered this day so vividly.

We asked an old lady to take a picture of us and when she was about to snap a photo she said 'what a cute couple' causing Alessio and I to bust out laughing.

Underneath the photo was his hand writing.

'Everything may not be okay, but I can promise that it gets better.'

It will get better, Alessio. But I can't focus on my feelings for you right now. Right now, my focus is on Connor.

Omg, I feel bad for Connor and his family. The poor baby too.

Poor Alessio too, won't be getting the girl of his dreams anytime soon, honey boo.

Poor shippers of Luna and Alessio too. But not to worry, cause there will be moments between them.

Vote and comment if you like!💜