2

After waking up, I dragged myself to the closet to get changed for the day; something caught my eye as I was on my way there, though. My eyes widened as I looked outside my window. The trap was gone. My eyes widened as I changed quickly and ran out to the living room to see if maybe dad had taken it back inside himself. Nope. he was snoring on his char, just as he was last night. Starting to panic, I sprinted through the house, frantically checking if anything had been here or if anything had broken. I was just about to wake up Ira to ask what to do when i heard a huff of frustration outside of the house. I froze. Tentatively, I looked out the window and saw someone who had the same type of body that i did. Too late did I realize I'd been looking for too long and she'd met my eyes. I closed the shutters and tried to calm myself as I slid down the wall. Who is she? Did she trigger the witch trap? Is she a witch or a human? Am I dreaming? What-" hello? Uh... are you alright?" said the muffled voice coming from the other side of the door. Dad told me witches can only shriek, so that's good news. "Um... I'm gonna come outside okay? Please don't... hurt me?" I squeaked. " why would I hurt you?" she replied softly. I could hear the gentle smile in her words. "Alright. I'll be out in a second' I contemplated waking up my dad to show him that were not the only ones after all. Maybe then, he would go back to how he was before he lost hope. I decided that I'd tell him after he wakes up, so he wouldn't be too grumpy.

As I opened the door. She had short orange hair, a backpack and dark green eyes. "Hey uh, can I help you?" She looked flustered "Oh! I'm sorry. My name is Memor. And i was wondering if I could get some directions from a following student." student? "Well, I'm Raris. It's nice to meet you." "it's nice to meet you too." Memor said with a smile. "So what is a lovely witch like yourself doing out here in the woods?" witch?! Is she a witch? Am I in danger? She said she wouldn't hurt me but what is she's a witch what's going on?!? "Uh... hello?" "right!" I stammered. "That's me. Yep. OhAndIAlsoPreferHe/HimPronouns." I muttered out quickly. "Sorry... what was that part?" Memor asked politely. "I.. uhm... I prefer.. Uh... he him pronouns." I was sure she was gonna laugh at me and begin hurting me just as dad did, but what she actually said really surprised me. Her eyes widened "Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't assume like that. Can you forgive me?" she pleaded. I couldn't think of anything to say. "I... No ones ever been this kind to me... I assumed it was just a commonly bad thing to be..." tears begin swelling in my eyes. "... Thank you..." she gasped " How could anyone be so cruel! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You know, back at the school there are some clubs that could help you feel a bit more accepted." she asked if I could use a hug. After accepting, I felt happy and safe for the first time in years.