Chapter 2: Assumption of Beatha

Beatha's face was red like an apple. She barely looked her face. And speak with a voice as if she was ill.

"Nice to meet you miss."

When the woman sat next to her, Beatha noticed the bunch of papers she was holding in her hands. Tiril with noticing this, extended the papers to Beatha.

"If you want it too, I am going to take you by my side. I took the necessary permissions."

Beatha took the papers. But she was just looking, not actually seeing something.

"I know your mother from a school for specials. Your mother was a special woman indeed. Before she died from cancer, she wrote a letter. She wanted me to adopt you when you turn fourteen years old. And she wanted me to educate you. We'll see in time... If you are special like her, you..."

She stopped for a minute. She bent her head and whispered something softly. She was talking to herself. Why would her mother want her daughter to be adopted by a creep like this? But the Woman in Yellow Jacket had said her mother was "Special". Maybe she was saying this word instead of saying "Creep". Her mother may has been a creep like this woman. Only way to get to know her mother was meeting with someone knows her. And that person was standing next to her.

The woman raised her hand and continued. "We were childhood friends with your mother. We grew up in a village near to Pårtetjåkkå. I have a lot of belongings from your mother. Like I said, she was special. She had unusual interests."

"Yes, my mother..." said Beatha. It was more like a murmur. She was still looking at the papers as if they'd disappear if she looks somewhere else. To tell the truth, she knew nothing about her mother. Probably, that woman was aware of this. So there was no need to push herself and pretend. This was no one's fault.

Woman bent her head, whispering something again. Because of this gesture the woman did, Beatha thought the woman may have found her too melancholic. And there was no way she could let this woman escape too. Above all, that woman was her mother's closest friend alive. After a short war inside, she finally succeed: she smiled.

"I am really happy that you came." Her voice was shaking, like her hands. Head of the woman were still looking down. "I mean, my mother loved you. I am so lucky to meet someone who is this close to my mother."

Woman finally raised her head and started to talking in a very emotional voice.

"I am very glad you liked me too. When do you want to leave? Whenever you..." She stopped, suddenly her cheeks turned into red and she bent her head again. Seeing her that way surprised Beatha. Maybe she is as nervous as I is... Maybe she has the same storms inside her like I have...

"We have feast tomorrow."

"Oh."

Beatha wanted to say "You can take me end of the day." but she didn't.

"Whenever you are ready."

"You can take me tomorrow, before the ceremony."