Chapter 19

In the past two days I have done my best to avoid Cardan as much as possible. That strange tension between us unnerved me. His eyes seem to glow every time he sees me. It makes my pulse raise with expectation and dread. So instead I stayed close to Oak and Vivi. Where ever they seemed to be Cardan wasn't.

"Again." I tell Oak raising my own blade in defence. Oak is panting hard. We have been sparring for the better part of the morning. He lowers his blade shaking his head. "Can't we take a break?" I raise my brow. "There is no break in a battle. If you stop fighting you lose."

"I know that!" Oak pouts. "But we are just sparring." I sigh. "Fine." I sheath my blade. We have decided that tomorrow will be the day we ride out to take back the palace of Elfheim. On Oak's 9th birthday. I study my little brother as he wipes his brow. He has grown as much over the past two years. Two years, it seems not that long ago that I was still trying to be a knight. But time went by quickly as I ruled by Cardan's side. In the human world time had seemed to stop existing at all. I don't even remember having my own birthday. Oak struggles sheathing his blade. "Let me help you with that." I take the blade from him and sheaf it. "Thank you Jude."

"Any time my little King." Oak makes a face. "You don't have to call me that." I make a small playful bow. "As my King commands." We both laugh at that. When we have both calmed down I sit down in the grass. "Are you nervous?" Oak sits down besides me. "Not really."

"You are really brave then."

"No, not really. But I trust you and Vivienne." He smiles brightly at me. "And I don't have to rule yet anyway. I'm very glad Cardan and you will rule for a while longer." I tense at that. Cardan and I rule together. Together as King and Queen of Fairy. Together like married people. My mind wanders to the last time I was alone with Cardan in the kitchen. His hands sliding over my skin and my hands in his hair. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks and quickly look away from Oak. "Yeah... Cardan and I got your back." I force myself to think of anything else but Cardan. I search my mind for anything. The first thing I find is Vivi standing in the doorway to our apartment. The look on her face when she sees Heather's dead body. The heat vanishes from my body. I turn back to look at Oak. "Are you really okay with our arrangement then?" Oak frowns at me confused. "Why shouldn't I be? You are my sister and I trust you." My heart aches at his words. Because I am obsessed with power I answer in my head. I have found myself thinking of ways to hold on to power in my mind. And hearing Oak say how much he trusts me, I feel really horrible. I smile and kiss his forehead. A throat clears behind me and I turn to look. Cardan is standing by a tree on the edge of the field. Raising his brown in question. Oak jumps up. "I'll go find Vivienne." He is gone faster than I can tell him to stay. Tension settles over me as I rise to my feet. Cardan approaches and I fight my feelings to not show on my face. He stops two steps away from me. "Why do I get the feeling that you have been avoiding me?" Because I have been avoiding him. But I won't tell him that. I can lie, so I smile. "Nonsense. I've been helping Oak prepare for tomorrow." Cardan's black eyes study me intently. I wonder if he knows I'm lying. He told me at Locke's estate that he believes all I do is lie. And fair enough, I lie a lot. But it's the only real skill I can to wield here. So I tilt my head and give him a mocking smile. "Do you think I'm lying?"

"Most likey." I huff and cross my arms. I do my best to look insulted. He shrugs as if to say, Can you blame me? When he reaches out to touch my face, I flinch. Surprise and hurt flicker on his face but only for a brief moment. A mocking smile replaces it a second later. "So you have been avoiding me then?" His voice is barely a whisper. It makes my skin crawl in more ways than one. "I have not!" I palm my hands into fists at my side and take a step toward him to prove him wrong. We are only inches apart now so I can feel the heat coming of his body. He chuckles. "Are you sure about that Jude?" His voice is a caress touching all of my senses at once. I have to lean my head back to look into his eyes. They sparkle with dark desire. "I have never been more sure in my live." But as I say that, I am no longer sure about anything. I put my hand on his chest. I can feel the heat of him and the beat of his heart. Cardan slides his hands ever so gently over my arms up to my shoulders. Leaning down to whisper in my ear. "What do you want Jude?" His whispers stip me bare and I dig my nails into his tunic. With his head next to mine I lean in to smell his hair. For some reason it smells like cherry tree. I kiss the bottom of his neck while leaning closer into him. My hands finding the buttons of his tunic and opening them. While I place kisses up his neck slowly. His breathing quickens as he holds tight to my shoulders. The last view inches to his ear I trace with my tongue. Cardan lets out a groan. "I want everything." I tell him as I relieve him of his tunic. For a moment I watch my hands trace his bare skin. Then next there are hands on my face. My face gets lifted up quickly as Cardan presses his lips to mine. We both melt into the kiss as Cardan slowly pulls us down. I yelp as we fall the rest of the way down. I look at Cardan surprised. He had pulled me down on him. The smirk on his face makes me dread and grave whatever is on his mind. He traces my jawline with kisses while his hands slide the dress from my shoulders. "Jude!" We both tenes at my sisters voice. I curse myself inwardly. What am I doing in the middle of and open field. I scramble quickly of Cardan to see Vivi stand where Cardan had stood not to long ago. Her eyes narrow as she takes in the scene. "Can I have a word?" I haste to pull the sleeves of my dress back up. "Yes! Yes, coming!" Vivi turns on her heel and walks off. I glance back down at Cardan. He leans on his elbows and looks up at me with a satisfied grin on his face. "Won't you stay a little longer? It was just getting good." My cheeks burn. "I think not." With that I rush past him to follow my sister. Cardan's laughter follows me until I clear the field. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to update this D':  

But I have been working on my own story for a while. I have always wanted to write a book and taught why not now? So I am now writing a YA Fantasy with 5 main characters. It's about a kingdom where 8 noble house are united under the rule of one great house. House Lunaore, the house of royalty for the last 100 years. The world has a magic system. Which is: Summoning demons. That's right Demons can wield magic, Humans can't. So humans found a way to control the demons for the use of their magic. But not everyone is strong enough to control a demon. They break lose from time to time and cause chaos in the villages. They reach a time when more and more summoned demon break free from the summoners control. To make things worse, the ambitious hand of the king tries to reach for the crown. 

Sounds interesting enough? I'm still looking for BETA readers when the time comes.(First I have to write the whole book xD) To follow main 5 characters through this story.

Princess Adelia Lunaore. Youngest daughter to King Reahan Lunaore and Queen Orianna Lunaore. Has been content to remain in her older brother and sister's shadow for the rest of her live. When fate decides other wise. 

Marleya Nox. Younger daughter to Jon Nox, advisor to the King. Her mother died at birth so her father got permission to raise both his daughters in the royal palace. Her father is a powerful summoner and starts acting strange. Marleya finds him more often in dark corners with Henry Nivalis, the hand of the king.

Salomon Clearstone. A priest serving the old gods. Twenty years ago he witnessed a bad omen. The year that the royal twins had been born under a full moon. By legend royals born under a full moon are blessed but he believes this time they are not. 

Leto Thorne. Born a bastard in a brothel he lived his life on the streets after his mother's death. Found and taking in by a mercenary. Raised for combat and survival in the cruel slums of Whispervale. 

Alexios. An orphan found and raised by an old lady on the farm isles. The farm isles are the poorest part of the kingdom. Coming close to slave labor just to feed the rich. When he tries to take over the farm plants start dying very quickly. When his emotions run high things happen. Magic can not be wielded by humans, but is that really true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter songs