Chapter 17

(Genos POV)

Sitting on the front steps with reaper was nice, the night air was cool almsot refreshing as we sat having a drink, he would talk about his day with the customers and I would nod and listen.

His chuckle died down has we fell in to a comfortable silence, he looked over at me and smiled slightly "I love you ya know" I blushed looking at the grass now covered with dew, I wanted to say it back but obviously I couldn't.

He let out a sigh, giving me a peck on the cheek, I looked back at him and smiled slightly, but a thought crossed my mind as I stared at him. This is really gonna hurt when it's over obviously we can't stay together forever he will eventually want to be with someone who actually speaks and who knows I might find my actual soul mate and what will we be then?

He must have saw my expression and gave me a concerned look "you alright?" I nodded feeling a fowl mood now plague me.

Nodding I just leaned in to him shutting my eyes, "you sure?" He said prodding at me, it's been almost a month since we started dating and I couldn't shake this headache thats been on and off lately.

He grabbed my hand lacing his fingers with mine,  I wonder how he deals with all this, me being mute? Dose he honestly not care that his boyfriend can't speak?

I felt in my pocket and as I hoped for their was a pen and paper I had for emergencies, indeed their was. Writing words down furiously I handed it for him.

He read it before chuckling slightly but I was dead serious. "I don't care. I honestly don't if I did do you think I'd be here?" He said running his thumb gently over my hand.

I huffed giving his a glare, he smiled slightly, "I'm serious, honestly." Pouting I crossed my arms, 'idiot' I thought with fondness.

He stood up holding the glass with one hand, "coming?" I rolled my eyes playfully taking it. He pulled me up setting his glass down on the outdoor table he twirlerd me around.

Giving his a bizarre look he only chuckled taking the empty glass out my hand, "do you remember when we had to be partner. for dancing?" He said with a wide adorable smile, I nodded pointing to his feet, "you didn't stand on my feet Thaat much" I stuck my tongue out at him, we kinda swayed slightly to a song no one else could hear

I could feel the gentle buzz the drink gave me, he kissed my foreskull, silently giggling he then kissed me softly, it stared off slow and sweet before growing more with passion.

Wrapping my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him. Smirking in to the kiss he pulled me over to the door slowly.

~~~
The next morning he left for work per usual on weekdays, stretching I went to go make breakfast to find it was already made with a note on top of it.

'Not sure how hot this is going to be when you eventually wake up but since I couldn't be their to greet you in the morning thought I'd make you smile, love you -Reaper'

Smiling I rolled my eyes and set the note down gently before taking the food and heating it up before settling down to eat.

~~~time skip~~~
Pressing my two fingers to my temples I willed for this damn headache to go away, "you alright?" Reaper asked leaning on one end of the couch as we watched tv, I nodded my head squeezing my eye sockets shut. Progressively they have been more frequent. Of course I play most of them off I don't want reaper to worry.

The look he gives me makes my soul want to break, speaking of my soul, Great now theirs a pain in my chest can this day get any worse???

"Gen?" Looking at him he looked worried sick, "we really should take you to the doctors don't think I don't notice your headaches are getting worse"

(Reapers POV)
Nonononononononono was repeating in my head constantly, I know what was happening my mother told me this would happen and I always thought it would be to me. and I knew the starting symptoms   Sh1+ why couldn't it be me???

Holding his hand as we drove to the doctors he looked over at me with a weak smile before shutting his eyes again with a pained look.

At least he still has a chance to find his soulmate, theirs still hope for him and I'd do absolutely anything for him, even if I have to help him find his soulmate and seek him happy with someone else it would be better then seeing him slowly kill himself for me.

"It's gonna be alright, the doctor will probably just give you some stronger headache tablets that's all" I spoke keeping my tone soft. He nodded every so slightly giving him a sympathetic smile I continued looking at the road.

~~~
Since I wasn't technically family I had to wait outside while the doctor explained what was going on with him, I don't think I could be Their with him anyways, I already had my doctor tell me when I was a kid about my circumstance and that was hard enough already but for someone I love...

The door opened making me stand up, Geno came out having a numb expression on his face, not bothering to say a word I just wrapped my arms around him and held him like that his hands grasped the back of my sweater as he held on for dear life, I could feel the sympathetic looks from the people in the waiting room,especially when Genos shoulders began to shake with this gentle sobs "I'm so sorry Geno" I muttered to him resting my chin on his shoulder.

~~~
' So what now?'He wrote as we sat across from each other at the kitchen table, I sighed "I don't know." He looked at the table thinking, writing down something he slid it across to me 'I'm not leaving you if that's what your thinking'

I stared at the note, willing my self not to get emotional I forced a smile "what do you mean i-I wasn't thinking anything like that" that was a lie but he wore a relived look , "where gonna figure this out together. I promise."