three

Emma Layne

"JAKE!!" Someone yells, coming up the stairs. I thought I was in my own room until I realized what happened last night. Someone busted the door open yelling. It was Corey and Colby. I hid under the sheet, burying my face in Jake's chest, under the blanket.
He groans, flipping over onto his back. "What do you waanntt?" He groaned, making me giggle. "What was that?" Colby asked Jake.

"What was what?" Jake acted dumb. I kept quiet, praying that they wouldn't peel down the sheets because I was naked.
I felt a hand on my head. "Stop Colby" Jake said, pushing his hand off my head. He put his face under the sheet and saw me all curled up. "Come on out" He whispered.
I agreed and poked my head up. "Heyyy" I laughed.

My head was only peaking out. I watched them freak out, and look over to where my clothes were thrown. "Okay! Well, we are gonna go now" Corey said, turned around and left the room with Colby.
I laid my head back down, sighing. "What's wrong Angel?"
I laugh, "Yeah, just they know we slept together"

"But on the bright side, we got something out of last night." He winked.
He caused me to blush. I get up from bed and got my clothes. After I got my bra, shirt, and underwear on, I turned around to see Jake staring at me. "Jake, stop"

"I can't, you're beautiful." I punch his arm playfully. "I have to take a shower"

"Can I join"

"Jake, no. I have to dye my hair today and I need to condition my hair well"

"Fine" He pouts.
I

left him there pouting.

I turn the warm tap on, undressing myself. While I showered, I thought of last night and Jake's words.

"Someone's gonna rip that off of you because you know you get way to drunk"

Little did I know that person, was you.

I wrap myself in a towel, then dressing myself in an old crop top and shorts.
I'm dying the ends of my hair red. Jake came and knocked on the door, so I opened it. "Hey, can I help you with your hair?"
"Sure, I would love that"

His hair was red now. My hair was bleached at the bottom so you could see the red when I put it on.

I mixed the dye, making sure it was the right color. I sat on the counter, while Jake just stood. I put the color down, and Jake pulled my legs towards him, kissing him.

"Jake" I say between kisses.
"I gotta dye my hair"

"Fine" He pouts, picking up the dye. He starts to apply the red dye to the ends of my hair.

•••

I smile, looking at his picture

I smile, looking at his picture. He was perfect. He was dorky, cute, sweet.

Emma: you are fucking adorable

Jake: not as adorable as you.

Emma: aww you're so sweet bubba

I set my phone down and walked out of my room and head downstairs. Jake sat at the table, at the end of the island. I snuck up behind him, then jumped up and scared him.
"Jesus Emma!" He yelled, jumping out of the chair.
"You made me drop E.T" He pouts, picking up the E.T doll.
"I'm sorry bubba" I hug him.
Colby come down the stairs, and sees us hugging.
"Oh my god guys, just date already"
I pull away from Jake and just glare at Colby.
"We're just friends" I say, letting go of Jake.

•••

I open the door to my room and go to Jake's room that is right across the hall. "Hey Jake" I smile at him.

"Hey"

I sit on his bed next to him. "So Jake, my friend is coming to town, Summer. Before she comes I need to know this, what are we?"
He looks over my shoulder, and not directly at me. "The thing is, I feel like we are better off as friends"

He nods, agreeing with me. "Maybe we can be.. friends with benefits?"

I bite my lip, to keep me from smiling. "That sounds good" he smirks at me.

We talked things out about what we can do with this friends with benefits thing.
We came up with two rules:

1) We can still see and date other people
2) No one knows

I was fine with that.