Advice Seekers

Thea

Beth never showed up for dinner so it was just me and Harris, I enjoyed the dinner it was nice and relaxing. It was two good friends hanging out together. Harris had walked me to my room and I was changing into my lounge clothes when I heard a knock on my door, when I opened it to see who it was my face turned into a frown.

I open the door wider and put on my best fake happy face, I need to remember that everyone deserves to be respected. "Hello Lady Beth would you like to come in?" Without any other acknowledgement she walked into my room, I turned and closed the door behind her and turned around to look at her. I could see she had a face of disgust in being in my presence. "Is there something particular that you needed?" She walked closer to me and looked me up and down, "I don't want you around Harris." She smiled at her statement. Being in my position I couldn't disrespect her, she had a title, and I did not. "I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean." I didn't like this girl one bit, but I had to keep my manners or else. "I heard you and the Prince dated before this whole marriage arrangement, which I have no clue why he would of chosen you." She was making me upset and I didn't want her here in my room, but I have to keep my respect, "I mean your just a mere servant, and from the looks of it I don't have a clue how you would attract attention from the male species." I will admit keeping a straight face deferring any emotion of anger is difficult. "I mean, look at you your to short and not well suited in the looks department, what could Harris possibly see in you, you're a plain old maid." This hurts coming from her, I mean I knew I was a maid, but she told me I wasn't worth anything. Before I had the chance to say anything, she turned and walked towards my door and opening it. "Again, stay out of my way or I will ruin you."

Many thoughts passed through my mind, "You're just a maid." She said, but I'm still a person who has feelings, it's like being a maid makes me less of a human. I laid in my bed thinking and dwelling on what she said. I know I'm not some model, but I wasn't ugly. I could attract a guy with my looks, but if any guy had the choice I was sure they would pick someone who look like Beth. I decided to go for a walk around the castle grounds, but more so to find Jonah. I needed someone to talk to, and I knew where he would be at this time.

When I arrived at the stables, I saw Jonah feeding one of the horses. He was so busy he didn't even notice me approaching the stall he was in. When he turned around, he noticed me and gave me a smile. "I didn't even hear you Thea." I smiled right back at him, "Well, I wanted to surprise you since it's late." Jonah made his way out from the stall, "Well, that's very kind of you." He made his way to another stall and horse, "So do you need help with anything?" He nodded his head, "No, I'm about done for the night." I nodded my head. Me and Jonah both stared at each other, "Well, do you want to hang out and have some fun tonight?" I did my best to give a suggestive face. Jonah nodded his head "Any time with you Thea is fun."

It was the next morning and I woke up in the arms of Jonah, last night we went back to my room. I had fun with him, but Beths words still stuck in my mind, Jonah was somebody I wanted to be friends with. But last night we went a little too far to be friends, and I regretted it. Jonah is a nice guy and he deserves someone who can be truly devoted to him. This was a mistake sleeping with Jonah, I sat up from bed covering myself in my sheet. Jonah began to stir away and gave me a smile. This was going to be awkward, I mean would he be expecting me to commit into a relationship with him. "Morning Thea!" I smiled while I gathered my hair into a pony tail. Jonah got up and headed to go get dressed, "Shit, I'm going to be in trouble for being late to work." He continued to get dressed in a rush. He made his way towards the exit to my room, "We will have to continue are fun another time." When he left I let out a groan of frustration and closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

The news was buzzing about the Prince finding a bride and our country getting a new Queen. Everyone in the castle was excited, but when I and Harris were acting on a relationship everyone hated me. But, this was different this relationship was pushed upon the public, the country knew and everyone was gearing towards a summer proposal and winter wedding. It's been almost a week since I and Harris had the chance to talk; he was more busy, and was taking more responsibilities than he ever took on before. Seeing him now and the changes he had made me happy, but thinking Beth is the reason why made me upset. Everytime I tried to get in touch with Harris was a failure, but I had a plan, because I needed to talk to him.