Chapter Nineteen-Fondue

I look over at Steve whose head turns to mine as well. "Sorry about the interruption." I murmur and he smiles at the reminder.

"It's nice seeing Carol. Although her timing could use some work." I laugh softly and get up, wobbling a little sleepily. Steve's there to keep me standing and I happily take his hand as we slowly walk down the hall.

"I'm not that tired." I push the envelope a bit and am encouraged by his sudden wide grin. "We could still talk for a bit."

"Just a bit, huh?" He teases and I shoot him a little side-eye for it. A soft chuckle is his response as we walk back into my room and shut the door behind us. I walk over to the bed and settle on the edge then look up at Steve.

"So, did you want to talk about that date you mentioned?" I tease and that smile just glows as he moves over and sits next to me.

"Yeah, I don't think you gave me an answer," Steve responds and I turn, folding my leg between us so I can see those beautiful, clear eyes.

"Maybe I need more convincing." I tease and he turns to me as well. Silence embraces us as our eyes dart to each other's mouths and back. Heat swoops in my stomach at his gaze and his hand lifts to brush a curl behind my ear. Slowly, Steve stoops and our lips brush briefly before we both pause. Our breaths intermingle, our eyes meet, my heart thumps in my ears, then we crash together.

One of my hands makes a fist in his shirt while the other reaches up and plants itself on the back of Steve's neck. His arm wraps around my waist and I decide to make this easier by turning and straddling his lap. Both my hands pull up on his shirt and we part as I rid him of it before coming back together. His lips are soft but we're both hungry for one another, kisses turning hard and wanting in a split second. My hands slip and slide over his built chest before settling on his biceps. His hands reach up and gently frame my face before gliding into my hair and tugging my head back. Our lips part as I gasp with pleasure and his lips move to my exposed neck.

"God, Steve." I moan, my nails making small crescent moon impressions in his arm. My desperate fingers skate up and claim his baby hairs as he releases my hair, instead slipping his hands under my shirt and grabbing my waist firmly. I instinctually grind into him and am rewarded with a groan that ripples through us both.

"Okay, hold, hold, hold."

"Why," I ask, tightening my grip on his hair and grinding into him again for more of that delicious friction.

"Jesus." He breathes and scoots me further back on his lap so we're no longer as close. We meet eyes. "We've got...we've got to talk about this." He murmurs to convince himself as much as me it seems.

"Didn't stop us the first time." I point out and he exhales a weak laugh, looking at me with thinly held desire.

"Exactly. We aren't drunk this time. I just...I want you to know I didn't come here for this." He tells me, honesty leaking out of his every pore.

"Do you not want to?" I ask with only one hand on his shoulder to keep me up. His hands are basically keeping me upright. Steve scoffs and his grip on me tightens slightly.

"There's no question about that, of course, I do. And it's not like this wasn't on my mind-"

"Then I see absolutely zero reasons to not." I lean forward and kiss him again. Top lip, bottom lip, full lips, then just barely skim his plump bottom lip with my teeth. Our eyes are open and with each kiss, his grip on me gets harder until finally he groans and pulls me close all over again. He tosses my shirt aside and my bra goes next, then he pauses to appreciate the ink scrawled across me.

He smirks and those pretty lips claim one of my nipples. Our one-night stand is blurry in my memory, but still there, although nothing compares to this reality. My hands press hard on his head and I'm secure in the fact that I know he can take everything I give to him, that no matter how hard I tug or push he can meet me thrust for thrust. The pads of his fingers are no doubt leaving bruises on my hips as his tongue swirls around my nipples, dipping in the valley between my breasts while I gyrate into him. "More, please. I need more." I plead and feel his lips turn up against my skin.