Unpacking and Sweet Neighbors

Autumn

After we finally landed in New York, we drove home and Dad, Phillip, and I started unpacking as the little ones slept in my new room.
"Monte? Can you grab that last box?" Phillip asked as I groaned and headed back down 3 flights of stairs.
"Phillip! You did that on purpose!" I yelled back at him as he chuckled knowing exactly what I was talking about. He left me with the heaviest box of them all.
"You look like you could use a hand." A boy asked from behind me as I almost dropped the box on my toes before he grabbed ahold of the other side. Our fingers grazed and an electric shock ran up my arm.
"Yes please, my annoying brother left me with the biggest box there is... I don't even know what's in there. I laughed as he helped me lug it up the stairs.
"You realize I did it on purpose don't you?" He laughed at me as he opened a soda can... the last one. I growled at him as the boy and I set the box on the floor.
"Thanks, I'm Bella by the way." I smiled as I held out my hand.
"Peter Parker, I'm your nextdoor neighbor." He shook my hand as I finally got a good look at him. Chocolate brown curls, soft brown eyes, tan, toned arms, a sharp jawline, and a cute nose.
"Nice to meet you Peter." I smiled as my dad cleared his throat.
"No." He said.
"I just met him! Would you chill?" I laughed as a sweet looking woman walk over from across the hall and knocked on the open door.
"Hey there! I'm May Parker. I live right across the hall." She smiled sweetly as my dad smiled.
"No." I mimicked him and he pouted. "It's wonderful to meet you Ms. May. I'm Bella." I giggled as my brother came over.
"The monsters are up, and Win is crying." He said as I hear a small cry.
"It was nice meeting you two, but if you'll excuse me, I have to tend to my little siblings." I smile softly and walk to the room in the back to see Connor has his hands over his ears and Win is screaming now. I tell Connor to help daddy as I rush over to Win to see she has a temperature. I let out a yelp as I run back to grab her medication. She has pneumonia, which is slowly going away. I grab the bottle out of my purse and run back to her as I put it into her bottle with some juice and give it to her as she drinks it down and falls asleep in my arms. I bring her out to see Conner picking up a hammer.
"No, Connor, that could hurt you. Put it down please." I said to him as my dad talked to May, and Phillip talked to Peter.
"Bell, Peter said he'd show us to school on Wednesday." Phil called over to me as I placed my finger to my lips and nodded. Today was Monday. I shook my head as I picked up the sleepy Connor and carried him to my already made bed, and laid Win down in her crib.
"The kids are in bed... and speaking of which, I am going to sleep myself, do you need anything before I sleep?" I yawned as Phillip came to my side and picked me up.
"Come on Monte. Let's get you to bed, little sister." He said as I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck before I fell asleep to the sound of my twins heartbeat.

***

During the middle of the night I felt something smash into my stomach. I sucked in a gulp of air, trying not to scream and wake up the little ones, and held my stomach tightly as Phillip came in and held me close. Only Phillip knew of the ties I have to my soulmate. He's seen my tattoo and knows almost immediately when I'm getting my soulmate's pain. Twin telepathy. That's all I can think as he held me and I fell asleep again.