Chapter 21: "Shit"

A/n
Guys thanks so much for the reads, votes and comments!!!!! Btw I love reading all of your comments. Mini shout-out to those in my following list I didn't bother cutting out cause they deserve some love (sorry to those not shown😁).

Also, I decided to add my book to the Wattys 19. I don't expect anything out if it, but they gave me the option to add myself, so I did😁

1810 words

Purplespirk this is for you :)

Important!!!

3rd person means:: you grabbed
3rd 3rd person means:: she grabbed, y/n grabbed. I'm sorry if this is confusing

----Scotty Out 🖖🏼🧔🏻

Y/n pov

When we got to the bridge the first thing we noticed was a ship on the viewer.

"Captain?" I asked, "what's going on with that ship?". The ship was a Federation vessel. It looked like a cargo ship to me.

"Take a closer look Commander," he said not moving his eyes from the screen. At his word, I motioned for an ensign to zoom in on the ship. To my horror, there was a massive hole blown through the front few decks of the ship, and bodies were floating everywhere.

"What the hell?" I said walking to stand beside Jim. I stopped beside him and looked right at him with concern in my eyes. He looked back at me with the same look. "Khan?" I asked with a weary tone. He nodded.

"We believe so," he said. "Spock prepare a team and head over to the ship. See what you can find". Spock nodded and walked over to the turbo lift. He signalled for a few if the ensigns to follow him. Before Spock entered the lift Jim called to him again. "Bring McCoy with you in case you find any survivors". Spock merely nodded again and entered the lift.

"Jim what should I do?" I asked anxiously.

"Nothing right now," Jim said not looking at me.

"Nothing?! Why nothing?! I could help Jim!" I started to raise my voice. I do not like being sidelined.
Jim grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to the side.

"Look y/n I think you should stay off this case for now. You're way too close to this and I can't have your feelings get in the way". I was insulted.

"How dare you think my emotions would ever get in the way of this mission. I'm the best damn soldier you've got on this ship".

"I know, but please" he gave me a pleading look "just stay out if it for now". Jim then turned away from me and walked back to his chair and began to give orders to his subordinates. I walked away quietly muttering a wide range of swear words to myself.
It took me about five minutes to finally get to my room. But, don't think for a second it was to just sit there and do nothing. Oooh no. I went back to get my things. 'There's no way in hell I'm being sidelined. Not happening'.

3rd 3rd person----this will be in 'she/he' format not 'you'

As the young h/c girl entered her room she immediately began to grab all of her tools and change out of her gold uniform into her favourite black pants and a black sweater. She slipped into a pair of black combat boots and put all of her tools into her black backpack. Unfortunately, the backpack was so, old and thin, that all of her things fell out of it.

"Damn it!" She cursed to herself as she went back into her closet and picked out the next darkest thing she could find. It was a grey bag that hung over her shoulder. 'This'll have to do' she thought. As y/n made her way to her door y/n heard a loud explosion and the next thing she knew, she was being thrown back across her room, and almost as if on Que, a man came running into her room.