The beginning

Narrator POV
You were the typical emo girl from these zombie stories that had no friends growing up and who spent their lone time to study fighting and was picked on a lot so had no problems integrating into the zombie apocalypse, however you were a little too prepared and killed a hunter trying to wife you... The end...

Wait, wait, wait...WAIT! You know what? I'm not making this like any other cliché zombie book -NO!!! fudge it!! I'm rewriting this!!!...

*Typing noises and hot chocolate noises*

DONE!!! Ok, Try this.

Your POV
Moving to the apocalypse had been hard for you, you were well liked by most everyone at your school and you had a loving mother who litteraly died for you... You also had no fighting experience other than a few fighting lessons you had as a child wich you would practice your Rusty skills on a tree at home during your "zombie phases" where you convinced yourself that the apocalypse was coming and you had to be prepared.

You hadn't been in one of those phases when news actually started spreading. It began in new York where there were many people and jumped to Texas by air, you being from Kansas, the middle of America, had no idea that the virus flew right over your head and started to spread out, and close in.

One day everything went nuts as sirens went off and everyone started getting alerts on their phones that read "gather survival supplies and wait by your front doors. Remain calm. Military operatives will come by and knock on your door with a special code word sent only to those in your relation and/or household. If someone does happen to catch this green flue or shows signs of ravenous hunger, alarming growth, memory loss, fever, coughing up blood, black blood, severe migraines, or body mutations terminate them immediately. If you have not been reached by [Insert date roughly a month from your time] then meet on top of mercy hospital in Kansas City (Not actually real...) The helicopter will be leaving no later than 8 PM"

School had been canceled and everyone had been rushed home at an alarming rate. When you got home you saw that your mother had already packed and was waiting in the living room by the front door. You had been in a daze as if everything that had happened was normal and nothing has set in yet, but when you saw your mother, a zombie fanatic, tears slowly pricked your eyes before flooding out like a raging river. Your mother held you and comforted you for a few hours until a loud bang was heard on the door and a gruff voice followed it.

"This is military operative Sargent Samuel S. Johnson here to acquire Ms. [Mother's last name] and the younger mis [your last name] along with anyone else taking refuge and any other supplies." Your mother was quick to open the door as you grabbed the bags full of supplies and we're loaded along with them and your mother into the big military truck.

On the way there you overheard many conversations. One about the kind of truck you were riding in, one about how you were the youngest survivor they had seen, one about tacos, one about how scared they were, etc. The vehicle was a buzz with chatter as you neared the entrance.

Once you approached, the doors slid open to let you pass and while everything after went by in a blur you did manage to catch that they ID'd you fully from head to toe along with your mother and assigned you two a shared room along with a bathroom and we're given a solar powered GPS.

*Time skip!!!!*

It had been a year now and everyone was getting together in the cafeteria to celebrate living together. You wandered around speaking to some children around the same age as you along with some adults and some in-between before you found the person you had been dying to see. Your mother. Once you made it near her it took no genius to notice that she was flirting with a guy she had had her eye on for a while and to no surprise he was flirting back! You nonchalantly walked by whispering in your mother's ear "Don't worry, the room is ALL yours tonight" Smirking as you walked away.