Chapter One

Bleiz rolled his eyes in annoyance as his older brother, Koda, came to a slamming stop in front of him after a long run to his brother.

"Come on, mother is gone, we can finally break out of this jail house",

Koda was bouncing with excitement.

"Koda, this jail house is our home, so I suggest you learn to like it. Also, where would we even go?"

"The market! I heard that our gang from school is meeting at the usual place and I thought we could give them a visit."

"Fine, but we can take our normal route,  mom is traveling on a horse on that road, she'll see us."

"Then how are we gonna get there?"

"You know, there's a patch of land beside ours that the cat clan isn't using. I'm sure they won't notice if we sneak through their territory to go on a harmless trip to the market."

"Are you kidding! Neither one of us has received a sword yet. They will filet us!"

"Ah, sweet brother, if we don't carry weapons, it'll be considered a sign of peace. Besides, what are the odds of us happening to get caught?"

"Alright, but I still don't like it. Wolf people shouldn't be traveling through obvious cat territory."

"Well, come on anyway. You don't want me traveling alone, do you?"

"Fine. Let's go before someone notices we're gone."

Bleiz stared into his brother's icy blue eyes and white hair with gray streaks.

Most wolf people, like them, had the same frosty hair and blue eyes. Some females were even known to have violet eyes.

Koda and Bleiz were members of the royal family in the Wolf Clan. Both princes were left home alone quite often due to their father's untimely death and their mother's constant travels to visit all the regions in their kingdom. The queen was loving and compassionate, but Bleiz thought that it was unnecessary for her to visit every village of the land each year.

The castle both boys lived in was impressive, no doubt, but they often felt trapped and isolated from the other teenagers. Because of this, they took joy in traveling to the market under cover as normal children to collaborate with others.

"Come, Koda,"

Bleiz commanded and his hefty brother was right behind him. Every wolf person was muscular. It was natural because wolves were the strongest creatures among cats and foxes, the two other clans.

Bliez and Koda dropped silently outside of Bliez's window, so no servants would spot them leaving. Together, they hiked for a mile and as soon as they were out of sight from the road's view they took to the thick forest in cat territory.

The sun was beginning to lower, and Bliez began to get jumpy. Night was when the cats were active the most. Even the famed and ferocious crown prince Koda Ogle was skidding when every leaf fell.

After an hour of walking, Bliez found himself slowly relaxing. If they made it this far, they should be fine the rest of the way. Only another mile-

Suddenly, the wind was knocked out of him as a black shape slammed into him. He was sprawled onto the ground and felt intense pressure slamming down roughly on his neck.

It was a cat woman!

Koda raced at the merciless hunter that had been close to ending his life and he punched the girl with enough force to knock her senseless, but she went flying on the air, calmly grabbed and tree branch on her way up and twirled herself around so quick Bliez barely saw her move.

She flipped around the branch and came hurtling straight for Koda, she slammed into his chest and he heard his brother hit the ground with a thundering

"oof."

"Koda!"

He screamed. Bliez knew he was only unconscious, but now she had plenty of opportunities to end him. She slid a bow effortlessly from her shoulder and knocked an arrow on the bow in a natural movement that proved she had done it her whole life.

Bliez screamed, terrified she would kill his brother but she aimed instead at his feet and the arrow struck his leg and sunk into his flesh, Bliez knew it would injure him for sure. At least she wasn't a killer. Not yet, at least.

" That should keep him from running at me again."

She hissed and turned her eyes to Bliez. Now that he had a good look, Bliez gasped at her beauty. She had hypnotic golden eyes that I knew would cause her prey to freeze if they looked into them, much like the tactic tigers and panthers used in the ancient days. She barely wore any clothing, and was dressed much like the fabled native Americans.

She wore a string around her waist that held two peices of cloth on her waist made from deer skin to cover the front and back areas around her hips. There was fabric that cover her chest, but left her stomach and shoulders exposed to the night.

Her skin was as black as her night black hair that had a tint of brown to it. Bliez knew that at night, she could easily be invisible.

Her hair was pulled into two French braids that dropped to her waist. She carried a bow along with a quiver of countless arrows, a weapon only the cat clan used. The wolves preferred swords to channel their strength and the foxes chose daggers to show off their unmatched speed.

The cat girl approached him with a lip curled to show two feline like fangs on both sides of her mouth, not too different from a vampire. The teeth helped them to make a quick kill if their bow was absent.

On occasion, cat people were known for carrying spears. The cat lady looked only to be fourteen, whilst Bliez was almost eighteen. She was small, but petrifying nonetheless.

She danced toward him in a dangerous gait and aimed an arrow at Bliez's chest while still displaying her pair of sharp teeth. Wolves, too had sharp teeth, but hers were small and only twelve centimeters longer than her normal teeth.

Bliez knew if he made one wrong move, she could easily release two pair of claws on him at any second. Wolves had fangs. Wolf people were able to display four sharp teeth, two on the top of their mouth and two on the bottom. They were much longer than a cat's, but what they lacked in their mouth, they made up for with their claws.

"Please, He gasped, still in shock from her attack, don't end us! We are of royal blood."

"Oh, well that makes all the difference for you trespassing, sire," she snapped mockingly.

Her voice was like honey, and although she was intimidating, it had a singsong note to it. 

Bliez growled at her insolence and called upon his fangs, standing up to face her. She eyed his teeth in dismay, as if she were annoyed at the sight of them.

Before he could run at her, she drew her bow and shot Bliez in the leg like his brother. Unfortunately, she didn't do him the luxury of unconsciousness like his brother and Bliez had to feel the pain. He screeched an agonizing and pitiful scream as he collapsed to the ground.

" Well, well, well," she cooed.
" What to do, what to do?"

Something told him she knew exactly what she planned on doing.