Saturday Night

It was late on a Saturday night. Isla was bored. She was itching to get out of her house for a while. She needed to get lost.

She snuck into her parent's bedroom, stole the car keys from her father's suit jacket pocket, and set on her way.

She wanted to get lost but ended up in a much too familiar place.

Isla killed the engine, slipped off her flats and dipped her toes in the cool sand of the beach that always attracted her. She ran up to the shore, and started to slip off her dress until she heard a sharp wolf whistle ring behind her.

She whipped her head around quickly, squinting at the sand underneath her.

"Dammit... I forgot my glasses." She thought, mentally kicking herself.

She adjusted her dress back in place and walked away from the shore to find to find the ass who whistled at her.

"Cam... can you go one day without being an absolute fucking douche? Go apologize."

Isla stopped, whoever's voice that was sounded familiar.

'Cam' stood and walked up to Isla.

"Yo, my bad for whistling at 'ya. It was supposed to be a joke, but my cousin over here got her panties in a twist."

Now the other person stood up, and smacked Cam upside the head.

"God-dammit you walnut, that's not how you apolog-"

"Kalama?" Isla finally chimed in, squinting against the darkness to see her.

"Isla? Oh, it's Isla. Cam, now you really gotta apologize or else I'm gonna beat your ass."

Isla stood between them, awkwardly, "Kalama, it's fine, at least you know him."

Kalama glared at Cam, "You're so lucky it's just her."

She shook her head and directed her attention to Isla, "This is Cameron. Unfortunately, we're cousins." Cameron huffed at that.

"K, you love me. Just admit it."

Kalama rolled her eyes, "Cam, this is Isla, we're friends from school."

Isla smiled at Cam and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you." She said.

"Likewise. And for real, sorry 'bout whistling at you," he scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"Oh, no harm done," Isla smiled again, waving a hand.

"Now that that's outta the way," Kalama said, lighting up a cigarette, "wanna chill for a bit?"

Isla shrugged and nodded, walking with Kalama and Cam to where they were sitting before.

Kalama sat back, blowing smoke into the sky.

Isla sat timidly beside her, looking at her side profile. Kalama was gorgeous, that much was clear. From her sharp almond eyes and long, fluttery eyelashes, to the slope of her nose and the fullness of her lips. Isla liked Kalama for as long as she could remember.

Kalama turned her head toward Cam.

"When were you supposed to get home?"

"Uh... I dunno," Cam shrugged, "1:30 I guess?"

Kalama checked her phone, "Cam, it's 2:45."

"Shit," he immediately cursed, "My mom's gonna kill me, I'm taking the car. Bye!"

Before Kalama could argue, Cam snatched the keys from her and ran off.

"Great," she groaned, annoyed, "Now I gotta walk home."