Within the Dark

After Iida suggested that we could stay and camp here, my spirits were given a little hope. I did not plan on letting Bakugou disappear on me that easily. He has been here, isolated, for who knows how long. I can't be too sure of myself. Earlier, I had attempted to find my way back to the place him and I had stayed at.

For an odd reason, I could not find it. My only assumption was that a new barrier had been put up to prevent me from finding him. When I asked Uraraka about it, she used her magic to search for a barrier. In the end, she only gave me bad news, reporting that there was none within miles of our location.

Uraraka was really quick to set up our little camp. She had started setting up when the sun was just right above the trees, and the sky was a bright orange with a little blue still present. Iida left to gather wood for a fire, like sticks or dead twigs. This left me in charge of preparing food for us to eat.

If I can remember clearly, my cooking wasn't the best. However, if I was an expert at the craft, I would no doubt be famous for it.

Surprisingly, probably not as shocking, the dragon had wandered off an hour from where the sun was currently set. At this point, I wasn't feeling the greatest when it decided to leave. Before the camp idea, I was able to make some quick side notes about the dragon. Heck, it even allowed me to draw a quick body sketch.

When my mind thought of the Crogeaths, I felt frustrated and annoyed. Those creatures had attacked us. Me of all people! I had no idea what could have driven them to be after me. What could they possibly want from me that is so valuable? One thing is for sure, I will need to do some research when we reach Lyon.

This "Meri" person was a complete mystery. To be safe, all I need to know now is that she is a dangerous person.

"Izu, could I have a word with you?" I gaze up to see Uraraka fiddling with the rim of her hat. She seemed very nervous upon appearance, but her voice remained firm.

"What is it?" I ask. Her fingers clenched tightly on her hat as her face flushed. I was accustomed to seeing her like this, all nervous and such. It never really bothered me that much. She brought a hand to her hair and started to play around with a few strands.

"About that guy, um, what was he like?" She took a seat beside me on the ground, crossing her legs. "I mean, did he feed you or did he ever even care for you nicely?" Her toned dropped and her face became sad. She was truly worried about me this whole time. It almost made me feel terrible about leaving in the middle of the night.

I shook off the thought, cursing to myself for thinking of it. If I had never left that night, encountered that dragon, I would have never met Bakugou.

"I could tell you that he wasn't very fond of me when he cared for me." I leaned backwards until I was met with the earthy ground with little bits of grass poking at my back. "He had all these old, worn-down books filled with spells and other magical stuff. You especially would have loved them. When I was injured in the shoulder by an arrow, he used the ingredients I had wandered off to collect to make a remedy; it healed the wound effortlessly." She remained quiet by my side. I wanted to say more, but I chose not to; what I might have said seemed to be enough.

"I see you two have gotten comfy already." I roll on my side to see Iida walking toward us; his hands carrying a bundle of wood. He plopped down the pile of wood by our feet. Uraraka moved to rearrange the messy pile, so she could use a fire spell without any problems.