Prologue

Stories, more often than not, have a beginning, middle and end.

Now, this story could begin in many times and places. Does it start with a ragtag group of misfits and runaways from the present? Or did it start long ago when ten brave warriors built a great nation? Or has this story been preordained, fated to happen for centuries, repeating itself again and again until the end of time? Perhaps it was never meant to be known.

However, for the purposes of this particular tale, it would be best to start thousands of years into the past, on a planet known as Lemoneishca. It was a very dark place, full of chaos and strife. Then, one day, ten great warriors rose up to the challenge. With blessings from the divine ones, each of them gained powers from an element. Fire, water, earth, air, love, hatred, hope, despair, and the strongest of all the others: light and darkness.

The light warrior was adopted as the leader, and together, the ten warriors fought together, long and hard, against the forces of chaos.

Eventually they won, and liberated the world, let the elements spread into the land, freeing it and letting Lemoneishca repopulate. Each of the elements chose a territory, and settled into their new homes; the Light warrior reigning over the ten kingdoms with divine decree.

This golden age lasted for a while, but then, one day, the Dark warrior found a strange hall, near where the battle grounds of war had been left alone, none else willing to go close to where so many lives had been lost. The Dark warrior soon realized this hall was one of portals, portals to places universes, no, dimensions away from their own.

So Dark ran to the other elements, explaining the benefits and power that could be reaped from this new-found discovery. Light was unnerved at the thought of this potential weapon- and so close to the warrior with the most dangerous powers out of all of them. This would surely not do. And so Light banished Dark from the rest of the kingdoms, sealing away the portal with talismans containing power from each of the elements.

With Dark gone, a rift grew between the warriors, their kingdoms drifting farther apart in politics and following their own paths with the divine.

Dark grew bitter, sealed away from everything. It was only a matter of time before the shunned warrior escaped, leading an entire kingdom of bitter shadowlings. The result was the most bloody battle in the history of Lemoneishca.

It later became known as the Great War, and in the end the kingdom of Dark Hold was locked away again, the portals along with it.
The warriors moved on, had children, legacies, and soon the word of their deeds became the stuff of legend, fading into the background, as magic moved to the forefront, becoming an everyday sight.

The descendants of these great elemental warriors lived unaware of the power coursing just under their skin, the very reason why they were all hunted by tragedy, lies, war and strife.