1.2

The door opened. I snapped my head towards the direction of the door, and there I saw the protagonist, Lilah White.

Just by looking at her, you can tell that she is really the daughter of fate in this world. Her brown hair tied into a small ponytail; light unbemished skin; emerald green orbs that shine like gems; and a beautiful slim yet strong figure. It's a wonder how they were able to see her as a man and not a woman posing for the former. Sadly, this woman's beautiful looks were a huge waste on her ugly scheming personality.

Lilah, or should I say 'Luke, laughed. "Hahaha, alright. Goodnight, Don," she closed the door and continued to smile, as if she was in cloud 9. Her cheeks were a bit flushed as well.

She sighing happily, she slid down with her back against the door. She still had not noticed my awake presence in the room. Laurens would usually be sleeping in this time of night, but because of my interference, I'm obviously awake.

"Ahem, sorry to ruin the moment, but we have to go to bed before the warden finds out that we have yet to sleep," I cleared my throat before stating that.

Her daydreaming gaze suddenly changed to a stiff smile. She turned her head, "Laurens, how odd of you to be awake at this time of night. Were you perhaps waiting for me?" She asked, her tone straining to be sweet and gentle.

"Only in your dreams, 'Luke'," I started keeping the items, "I simply wanted to rearrange a few of my things before bed, and it took longer than I anticipated," I said, still putting the items back into the box.

Lilah was a little stunned at the sudden snappy attitude. Well, Laurens was always shy and obedient, no wonder she's a bit stunned. She walked over, her expression confused. Her eyebrows were furrowed, but she didn't seem mad. It looked she was trying to figure something out.

I simply paid no mind to her and continued on with my business. I carefully placed everything back into the box neatly and organized how they would be put. Every since I was a young boy, I had a thing for organizing and cleaning. I guess that's why those women made me do all the work while they sat comfortably on their bottoms, drinking tea tiredly as if they were the ones who brewed it themselves and did all the work.

I simply shook my head at the old memory. That's not important right now Via, stay focus!

As I was about to place the last photo into the box, it was quickly swiped from my hand.

"Hmm, what a pretty lady. Who is she?" Lilah asked, looking at the photograph she had basically just stole.

I didn't answer, I felt a bad premonition. My eyes narrowed at her as I turned my head. My gaze was cold as ice and sharp as newly sharpened blade.

Lilah stiffened a bit but acted as if it didn't bother her. "Anyways, I've seen better looking women." This statement made me irritated, I glared at her. 

"Oh, is she your mother? I'm so sorry. Then, that must be you, " She pointed at the young child hugging Laurens's mother, "how cute," She smiled sweetly and innocently. But to me, it looked like a mocking smile, as if saying, 'Your mother is ugly and worthless, just like you.'

I stared at her with my eyes narrowed, expression unmoving, "Give it back, Luke," I held my hand out.

"And why would I do that?" She pulled the hand holding the photo back, a small mischievous smile displayed on her face.

Ever since Laurens found out about Lilah's true gender, Lilah didn't really feel that she needed to sweeten him up. She felt that it wouldn't work on him. So, she put him down – being down right disrespectful when they were alone, secretly insulting him under her breath, sometimes purposely letting Laurens hear too. To put it simply, she was a pain in the arse, and a conniving unladylike young girl.