ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18: ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴄᴀʀɴɪᴀ

Merlin and Meliodas at the moment was at the third floor of the Tavern, the storage area. The blonde's arms were crossed with a thoughtful look on his face as Merlin's projectile image stood floating in front of him.

"You think the old hag is still there?" Meliodas says thoughtfully and Merlin suppressed a small chuckle at the nickname. "She may be older than the both of us, but she won't go down so easily," Merlin muses as she recalls their last visit during a mission.

"Lady Carnia, might be the person to have the most knowledge about Exarchs. After all, the book about the peace treaty between the demons and Exarchs was made by her."

The book from before was actually sent by Lady Carnia. That was what helped Merlin be able to help lift Celia's curse, as if she knew that they were in desperate need.

They were both grateful for her help, but knew something was up about it. "But... that isn't like her. She actually hates Exarchs," Meliodas muttered lowly and Merlin nods slowly.

"However, she likes to think of the benefits. With Celia allying with us, we'd easily be able to gain much more power than the Seven Deadly Sins alone to defeat the commandments. She's still far smarter than us despite her age."

"That's true. I just hope she doesn't mind training her for the day."

The sound of footsteps were heard from below and they mutually ended the conversation, deciding that nothing was to be said after. Elizabeth's head poked up from the floor, her bright blue eyes scanning the storage room and landed on both Meliodas and Merlin's projectile image.

"Ah... Lady Merlin and Sir Meliodas! I just wanted to tell you that Celia's finally awake, she seems to be a bit distressed though..."

One of Merlin's eyebrows quirked upward in question before she nods at that, "Alright, make sure she doesn't get out of her room. I'll be there to check on her soon."

Elizabeth slightly bows her head down before heading back downstairs. She knew that she couldn't ask what kind of conversation the two were having, but she couldn't help but become curious.

Lady Carnia...

It sounded vaguely familiar to her, but she's never met a person with that name before. It made her head ache just thinking about the name.

I should just leave it alone. I shouldn't have known that name anyway.

[•]

Celia was staring at her hands with a look devoid of emotions, she was tired from the mental fight she had with her other self. However, what stacked it even more was the conflicting thought of Anne.

Anne's body wasn't there anymore. Someone dug her up and she can't possibly leave on her own to find her.

She clenched her fists tight, her teeth suddenly grinding together harshly.
Whoever dug her up could have possibly been one of those villagers who despised her, and decided it'd be revenge to throw Anne's body somewhere else.

Unconsciously, both her eyes started to slowly be tainted with amber gold.

I'll kill them... I'll slaughter them...

However, a loud door slam made her thoughts disappear and the gold recede away. Her whole body jumping at the sudden sound.

Celia snapped her head to the side to find Merlin looking at her with a serious expression and it made the white haired girl gulp with slight fear.

"M-Merlin..."

"You're lucky I felt your power rising. Otherwise it would've been troublesome, especially when we're on the move."

The mage wasn't taking the girl lightly anymore, they were so close to the person who could help her and Merlin was going to keep an eye on Celia. Meliodas agreed that it was for the best for her.

Celia looked down at her hands and was slightly shocked to see that her nails had dug into her palm, to point where blood was drawn. "I... I didn't know..." she struggled to get the words out, she felt guilty, "I just felt so.. angry..."

Merlin's projectile image floated over to her bedside, her face softened. "Just tell me what happened," she said, "It'll help get it off your chest."

Celia's gaze lingered on her hands before she looked up at Merlin, a small nod was all she could manage.

She'd told her everything that had happened within herself, her other half, the demands, and especially about Anne. "Anne's body... she isn't where I left her, Merlin... Someone took her!"

The mage soaked in all the information Celia had poured out. From what she concluded, there were two types of Celias at the moment, one right now and the other a full Exarch. The other wanted to merge and from what she could assume was the reason- was to become free and have control over Celia's body. Then there was Anne, her body had gone missing from the grave.

But only one thing lingered in her mind and it made Merlin feel bad for Celia.

She's definitely going to have a hard time with Lady Carnia.

[•]

Yep, Irene Belserion from Fairy Tail will be cAsting as this Lady Carnia that Meliodas and Merlin both speak of.

I hope that'll be alright with you guys!

Also, if you have any questions- comment here because I know this chapter might honestly be confusing.