8 th Chapter: Repercussions

Amelia didn't move much, at all, the next day. Her whole body ached and her right arm, still pained her greatly. The fearful female, stayed in her corner, waiting for the beast to approach her, first. She witnessed the Elder glance in her direction, every time he passed the inner threshold. The Wraith never lingered, displaying a distasteful expression, then moving hastily out of sight. The beast refused to truly acknowledge her existence, for countless hours.

The entire day passed, without an exchange of words between the battered human and her Wraith captor. Amelia continued to cower, in her corner, drifting in and out of conciseness. It was a futile effort, to suppress her physical pain and growing hunger. The timid female started to wallow in an unending sea of self-pity, and betrayal.

*~*~*

"A-m-y." A soothing multi-toned rumble caused the female's mind to stir, slightly. The feeling of warmth against her cheek, caused her eyes to open, slowly. The timid female cringed when she saw the Elder's form hovering, over her sleeping flesh. "I can, s-e-n-s-e, your lingering pain. You do not, u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d, what you have done? Do you, human?" The beast sighed tone-fully, when Amelia shied away from his, offered generosity.

"Human, females... Are, r-e-g-r-e-t-t-a-b-l-y, traded, like possession's, among the higher-ranking males. It is not, a practice, I will, e-v-e-r, condone. H-o-w-e-v-e-r... By, turning the head of, e-v-e-r-y, male, in attendance!" The beast took in a tone-full breath. The female caused a flurry of emotions to swell in his belly, uncontrollably. 

"You have set yourself, a-b-o-v-e, all other females. You have made yourself, a, p-r-i-z-e, worthy of their interest!"The Wraith hissed tone-fully, unable to feed his anger. Fear permeated off the cowering female, causing his rage to dissipate.

 "Some-t-h-i-n-g, to be, w-o-n... Or, t-a-k-e-n, forcefully. An action, I have no, d-o-u-b-t, will be attempted... At some point, s-o-o-n." The Elder tried to calm his own disposition, as he continued to speak. No matter which emotion he displayed, his words seemed to fall on deaf ears. The female's glossy blue eyes refused to peer in his direction.

"There is a truth... I am reluctant to share." The beast groaned carefully. Once he settled into a seated position near the cornered human. He noticed the female glance in his direction, for merely a second, instigating the Elder's next remark. "I have not lied to you. Everything, I have shared with you, is accurate. But... I do not believe you understand, the, t-r-u-e, cause of my... Perceived anger." The beast sighed deeply, when the female continued to ignore him.

"When, h-h-e-e, looked at you... plotting your fate." The Wraith whispered in regretful tones and Amelia looked up slightly. "They, a-l-l-l-l-l-l, glared at you... Imagining something they will, n-e-v-e-r, have!" The Elder hissed, trying to keep his emotional outrage contained.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you." The cornered female whimpered carefully. She might have been flattered, by the notion, if her wrist wasn't throbbing in agony.

"N-N-N-N-o-o-o-o." The Wraith smirked slightly. "It does not." He continued to admit, more scornfully. Amelia released a small grin and turned away. She wanted the Elder to leave her alone. There was no way to predict, how he might react, to her current condition.

"A-h-h-h!" The battered human hissed unavoidably, when the Wraith grazed her right forearm. Confused by the female's displayed pain, the beast instantly withdrew his touch.

"What has happened?" The Elder moved to one knee, beside the cowering female. "Tell me, w-h-y, you are in, p-h-y-s-i-c-a-l, pain?" The Wraith demanded an answer, more sternly, yet Amelia refused to give one. "I will not, a-c-c-e-p-t, your silence, in this matter, A-m-y." He reached one hand under the female's reluctant chin and carefully turned her frigid expression, toward his own. "You will tell me, w-h-o, is responsible, for this?" The beast purred firmly.