Toys, Robots and Spies!

Hello, guys! It's time for my weekly average score predictions!

Now, normally I would do a recap first, but this is my first time, so we won't be doing that.

Today, the films we have are Toy Story 4, Child's Play, and Anna!

I actually wasn't originally going to do Anna because I'd never heard of it, but it's a wide release, so I thought, eh, why the heck not?

OK, let's tackle the big one first.

OK, let's be real, we all knew that the skepticism for this film was unnecessary for this, because, c'mon, it's a TOY STORY FILM! I agree it was probably unnecessary to make this, but it doesn;t matter for the AS (Average Score), because they ALWAYS woo the critics.

It already has some scores, so we'll take advantage of them and try to guess how they'll move in two days.

It's got 🏆98% on RT, ✅84 on Metacritic (which is actually pretty high for that website), and a HUGE ⭐9.0 on IMDb. I doubt IMDb will change much, so let's leave it at 8.9 .

Metacritic rarely changes that much either, so I'll give it an 82.

For RT, that site usually changes rather drastically over the weekend, but this is Toy Story we're talking about. The first 2 films got a PERFECT SCORE on it, and the third one, which most people see as the best, is on 98% If anything, from the feedback it's getting, I wouldn't be surprised if the score went UP to 99%.

Now all we need is the audience score.

Looking at previous Toy Stories, They don't love the series as much as the critics for some reason, but still hold it in VERY high regards.I honestly don't know about this one, so I'll just do an average of the other three, which gives me 89%.

So, with all that in mind, my prediction for Toy Story 4 is 🏆90%.

Now let's move onto Anna.

I don't even have to move a finger, but for some reason I've got this gut feeling that Metacritic will give it a ⚠45.

Now, for the others, I'm going to look to another Spy film with a name that's some common woman name.

2015's Lucy.

I think I'll just take their scores and lower them a bit.

That would give me a 5.7, 54% and 41%.

And so, my prediction for Anna is 👎49%.

And that leaves us with Child's Play.

You know, given the success of last year's Halloween, I was willing to give this a shot at being decent.

And then I saw the patterns.

The only Chucky films that actually have good scores are the original, and the Straight-to-DVD ones, which I kinda think the critics were going soft on.

And, even then, they were only BARELY at good scores with the best one being 👌63%.

And look at the release weekend.

Last year, it gave us Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which fans found highly dissapointing.

In 2013, it gave us Monsters University, which was one of the most contravercial Pixar sequels EVER.

In 2017, it gave us Transformers: The Last Knight, which was GOD AWFUL, even for Transformers!

You get my point.

And so, with that in mind,

I'm going to give Child's Play a 🚫39% as my Prediction.

Now for the recap:

Toy Story 4 has 90%,

Anna has 49%,

and Child's Play has 39%.

Se ya next week folks, where we have Evil Dolls and Beatles.

-Shadastra