7 | Let's Get This Out There

"So, was I right?" Genma asked, grinning as he slipped in through her window that night. She was sitting up in her bed, the side lamp on as she flipped through some book she'd long since lost interest in. She arched an eyebrow and pursed her lips, flipping a page and refusing to look up at his face (mainly because she knew seeing his grin would make her crack and she really was mad at him).

"It's funny that you know how to use the window now, but when Asuma was here it apparently wasn't an option." She said sassily, turning another page of her book.

"Aw, come on, don't be mad at me." He kicked his shoes off before crawling up onto the bed with her. He laid over her thighs and propped his head up on his hand, reaching to grab her book. He threw it onto the side table and grinned at her, seemingly unaffected by her glare. He kept smiling up at her until she cracked and smiled back, shaking her head. "You're stupid, Genma."

"That's not nice. Now tell me, was I right?"

"Right about what?"

"The first night we were together, I told you it would piss Asuma off. Was I right?"

"Oh, you don't even know. We had an all-out fight after you left."

"Oh? What'd he say?"

"Well, he called you a good-for-nothing womanizer and would like for you to swallow your senbon and shit it out sideways."

Genma burst out laughing and rolled onto his back, causing [Y/N] to scoff and lean up and smack his chest. He coughed a little but kept laughing, making [Y/N] lean back and sigh in exasperation, grinning at him nevertheless. When he calmed down, he rolled back to look at her again. "Look, I'm sorry. That's funny. And I just figured it would be good for us to get it out there."

"In what world would you think this is a good thing?"

He sighed and moved to sit up in front of her. He crossed his legs and pulled hers to rest over his, inevitably bringing her closer to him. He cupped her cheeks, took a deep breath and then leaned in to kiss her. At first she was surprised, but eventually kissed back. It started out slow, gently building into a much deeper and more passionate kiss than they'd ever shared before. When they finally had to break for air, he pulled back slowly, gently pecking her lips before completely separating. His face was completely serious, looking at her and searching for a specific reaction.

He looked into her eyes, watching the realization setting in. She gasped slightly and put her hand up on his cheek. "Gen... how long?"

"Uh, a few months. I'm sorry. I know I said I didn't like you like that, but somewhere along the way, I think I started falling in love with you. And I know you didn't want this to be anything serious, but I do. And I know you're a little younger than me, but I think we would be so great together. And... and you could say something right now."

[Y/N] smiled and rested her forehead against his. "Kiss me like that again."

And for the first time since their agreement, he laid her back and made love to her.