12

(Y/n)'s POV

Walking up the stairs, I held Takara closely to my body. I opened the door to the apartment, going towards my room as I laid her down gently onto the bed. Covering her, I stared at my own daughter, unable to handle everything at once.

"(Y/n)-sama—"

"—Shut up.." I cut off Haise, not looking at him. "Living room.. Now.." Walking our the room, I closed the door and went towards the living room. Haise followed, leaving space between us. I stopped in the center of the room, unable to turn around to see him. "Four years.." I muttered. "Four fucking years.. That's how long it took me to get over you forgetting about us.. I found you as someone else and I loved him too.. Now - here you are - wanting to pretend like nothing happened.." I couldn't contain my tears anymore as I turned around and faced him, his emotions not showing. "The fuck do you want from me..? The fuck do I call you..? Haise-kun or Kaneki-kun..? I still love you but this is too much - even for someone like me.." Falling onto my knees, I muffled my sobs with my hands. I couldn't contain anything anymore. Everything within the four years poured out into the living room with the man responsible for standing a few feet away from me.

"(Y/n)-sama.." Haise mumbled. I heard him walk towards me and hug me tightly. Out of instinct, I had attacked Haise with some kagunes out of my back. "I'm sorry about everything.. I'm sorry that I put you through all of this mess.. I'll make sure that everything's okay. You have to trust me that I will fix all of this. I'm going to help you with Takara-chan, I mean it. You've done so much for our daughter, it's only fair that I help you. But I'll only do that with your permission. She may be my child, but you've looked after her for so long. I don't have any say in her life.." Holding my face in his palms, he made me look at him as he wiped my tears away. I saw how there was blood sliding down the corner of his lips, smiling softly at me. "I'm here for you now, (Y/n)-sama. But only with your permission.."

That better not be a lie, Haise.. I thought as I nodded, digging my head dropped into his chest. Because I can't take it anymore.. "You idiot.. You are her father.. I don't want her to have a life without you in it.. Not like me.." I said, my kagunes disappearing. "Whatever you want me to call you, I'll respect it.. But to me, you'll always be the one that I love."

~~~

Waking up, I looked around to see Takara soundly asleep on top of her father, Haise's hands around her small frame protectively. I smiled as I stared at them, completely forgetting about last night. I know fully well that Eto is still alive, but she lost the battle and knows better than to attempt to kidnap my child for a second time.

There's also the death of Shirazu. He was too young to die.. I could've done something since I was there, but I was too focused on Takara. Damnit, he didn't need to die.. Everyone is hurting from his death, but why isn't Haise hurting as much as I thought he would? Didn't he care for them?

[FlashBack]

Walking into the building, I saw how the mission was completely over and how we a lot many comrades within the CCG. I saw bodies of both ghouls and humans laying on the floor. Slowly, Takara was waking up, so Haise and I covered her with a blanket given to us.

That's when we saw it, Shirazu's dead body on the floor, with a soft smile on his face. There was blood on the corners of his lips. As I held Takara in one arm, I held my mouth as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Sh-Shirazu-kun.." I muttered, gaining everyone's attention. Urie, Saiko, and Mutsuki saw us, surprised to see we were here.

"(Y/n)-sensei, what are you doing here with Takara-chan?" Mutsuki asked me, tears still visible.

"That brat shouldn't be here.. Take her away from her, (L/n)." Urie stated.