Chapter 9

Katsuki was extremely annoyed by the constant jittering and rambling of Izuku as they waited for the half in half bastard. Katsuki didn't plan on waiting for the prince but Izuku begged him to wait with him. Mina, Eijirou, Denki, and Hanta even joined in on the begging just because they wanted to meet Shouto.

By the time prince, Shouto Todoroki showed up on a white stallion acting all high and mighty, Katsuki's day got worse. He now had to deal with the four idiots and he had to make sure Shouto knew his place.

~○•☆•○~ 

The moment Izuku saw Shouto he sprang up surprising Mina who was trying to sneak his baby dragon berries.

"Shouto, it's so good to see you!" Izuku laughed as through himself at the prince once he was off his stallion.

"It's good to see you too, Izuku, " Todoroki responded in his usual monotone voice as he warmly embraced the smaller man.

The whole scene just pissed Katsuki off. He watched as to two men talked and laughed, he saw Izuku introduce Shouto to Aelfdene who nipped at his fingers when tried to touch the rip in the dragon's wing. He also saw how the prince known for his cold exterior smiled warmly at Izuku.

Katsuki blood boiled with unknown feelings, he wanted to blow that bastard right out of his kingdom.

"Don't pop a vein, Katsuki, " Mina said with a smug look on her face as she passed him. Obviously understanding more than Katsuki.

"What the fucks that supposed to mean, Raccoon eyes, " he responded but more to himself than to Mina.

~○•☆•○~

Izuku did the daring thing of inviting Shouto inside Katsuki's home for tea and an explanation on why he didn't show up to the Todoroki Kingdom in the late fall like he was supposed to.

"I'm sorry I didn't show up for my training but I had gotten word that you weren't letting anyone into the kingdom because someone had set fire to it," Izuku said to Shouto as he handed him a cup of tea.

The Prince nodded as a thank you before thanking a sip of his drink "It's fine I just got a little concerned when I didn't hear from you in over a month, but you could've come anyways father doesn't see you as a threat with your lack of magical ability," Shouto said bluntly. Izuku was used to Todoroki's cold bluntness so his comment didn't affect him as much as it affected Katsuki who scowled at the prince.

"Woah wait just a second, someone set fire to your kingdom?" Kaminari asked Shouto after he finished choking on his tea. "But isn't like everyone in your kingdom skilled in some sort of fire magic."

"Ah, yes but this flame was blue and the attack was deliberate like the person was looking for something and when they didn't find it they just burned the place down," Shouto said frowning into his cup, it was clear that the whole dilemma was aggravating him.

"What were they looking for?" Mina asked quietly.

"Healers," Katsuki voiced. No one expected him to say anything yet alone answer Mina's question.

"They were looking for healers, right" Katsuki continued looking up at Shouto who was surprisingly looking back at him. "That's why when we visited and asked for healers the royal family refused because whoever this person was, they were setting fire to hospitals and clinics, right?" He finished sounding like he had just figured everything out.

"Bakugou how did you ev-," Eijirou began but Shouto interrupted him.

"You're right almost all of the medical facilities were burned to the ground yet no healer was taken or harmed though. "

The room fell into a silence, everyone now interested in who could've done this and why.

The silence in the room was broken by Hanta's soft "Oh shit" reaction that was a little too late.

"Um well let's change the subject" Sero announced once all eyes were on him. "Izuku how's it going down at the clinic?"

"They have you working here?" Shouto asks Izuku as he finishes the last of his tea.

"No, it was my idea to work and I'm more learning than working, but I have made some medicine and healed small wounds." Izuku says with a bright smile on his face." I mostly work with children I met this sweet little girl yesterday her name was Eri, she was also a dragon shifter so it's harder to heal her with the small amount of control I have on my magic," he adds looking towards Kirishima.

"Izuku you have magic?" Shouto asks his tone almost losing its coldness to sound confused.

"Deku discovered his nature magic on the way here," Katsuki adds before Izuku can answer.

"You met Eri! How is she? What was wrong with her? Can you please tell us what happened?" Mina blurted out concern laced her voice as she shot up from her chair surprising everyone in the room.

Izuku stared at her for a while, he could see the determination in her eyes but occasionally she would see something that looked like fear in her eyes.

"Mina cal-," Kirishima started but was interrupted by Izuku this time.

"Eri was badly injured I don't know how she ended up in that condition Eri wouldn't tell me, but she wouldn't trust Ms. Shuzenji to heal her Eri kept saying that she smelt like sickness. She had cuts on every part of her body I'm surprised she didn't die of blood loss. All throughout the healing process, she kept saying how much she loved flowers and that I smelt like flowers." Izuku gave a sad smiled at the memories of Eri messing with the flowers he'd grow for her. " I'm not the best healer so her recovery will be slow but she's not at risk anymore."

Mina slumped back into her chair with a sigh of relief. "Is it okay for us to see her?" She asked.

"Yeah but how do you know her and where's her family?" Izuku asked looking between Mina and Eijirou who looked uncomfortable.

"Eri was abandoned as a child and so she was raised by a small clan of dragon shifters. My clan." Eijirou says in a calm voice. "She went missing on a hunting trip a month ago we've been looking for her since. I saw her as my little sister because I was abandoned too so I wanted to protect her but she disappeared, I never stopped looking for her."

"Kirishima why didn't you tell us we could've helped you look for her," Denki said as he hugged Kirishima.

" She was found unconscious a little ways away from the village a woman saw her while she was playing in brush with her son. Eri won't tell me anything about what happened she just seems scared." Izuku adds softly

The room was silent everyone upset and uncomfortable, no one knew what to say or how to respond. Shouto seemed unbothered by the heavy emotions in the room but he stayed quiet. Kaminari still clung to Kirishima while Everyone else looked down at the table they were sitting at.

"When will we be able to see her?" Eijirou asked in a soft voice, his voice was so soft that Izuku wouldn't have heard it if it wasn't for his heightened hearing.

"Tomorrow, just come in and I'll let you see her."

"Thank you Izuku," Mina said as she and Kirishima got up to leave. Kaminari walked them out then announced that he was going to see Shinsou and left.

Sero left when the awkwardness settles back into the room.

After what felt like forever Shouto turned to Katsuki and said: "so what room will I be staying in for the night."

Shouto did end up staying the night at the Bakugou residence because Katsuki can't resist Izukus smile and big green eyes.

PLEASE READ
Hey everyone,
I'm back sorry for the long wait I will try harder to update on time. Anyways, I wanted to thank everyone for the 1k reads and all the votes and comments it means so much to me so thank every last one of you guys you're amazing! I will try not to have spoilers in the next chapters (I love Eri I couldn't leave her out) thanks again I love all of you
                      Billy
1395 words