That Bastard Ritsu

Bastard. Rotten. Useless piece of shit. There were other under-the-belt names that people have come up with. Names that didn't bother him until that day. Until that day, when all future vanished before his eyes and time started ticking rather fastly for him.

He was a rich kid, born in a family that owns a publishing house. No wonder he had gold spoons and plates and others that came with it. Being an only child, he was pampered to death. No insect could even get to rest on his skin. Everyone was at his feet ready for his call.

And since his world has always been like this, a world where he was the sun and the others were nothing but unimportant decorations, he was beyond description of an angel with invisible horns.

Onodera Ritsu, the good, mild-mannered heir at home and at school, was the epitome of rich-kid gone insane when out of his parents' sight.

He had messed up many hearts, messed up relationships and families from middle school to high school. He did them with no particular reason, which made him be hated even more. He did mellow down a bit after clinging to an upperclassman. Yet he went back to his previous rotten state.

Ten years of staying out of contact from everyone's view, for reasons he thought would be solved easily, he came back with an hourglass losing its sand instead.

He was a twenty-five year old young man desperate to fixing things he had broken. At least before his time stops, he wanted to make amends, as hard and useless as it may seem for others.

All eyes were wide. Silent gasps and hushed murmurings filled the family restaurant all too suddenly. In the middle was a slim figure of a young male bathing in iced tea. His face bordering between shock and confusion.

As the honey-colored crystal liquid dripped down from the side of his face to his chin, Onodera Ritsu just gave a sincere bow to the person standing just across him. The other was taller, older and obviously enraged at the sight of the brunette before him.

"You got the nerve...you bastard."

"I'm sorry..." Ritsu mumbled, still in his humble bow that others started thinking if he already had broken his back and couldn't straighten up anymore. "Sensei...forgive me..."

"Sensei...?" the man gritted his teeth, not caring about the other customers around them. "Who are you calling 'sensei'?"

The man Ritsu just called 'sensei' was Onodera Ritsu's homeroom teacher back in high school. A closet gay who did nothing but look after his students professionally. But since Ritsu accidentally learned of this, he had blackmailed the teacher for grades, exeptions of assignments and stuff. And the immature rascal hadn't been contented with that. He had accused the teacher of sexual harassment. The rest was a story Ritsu didn't even mind knowing about.

Seemingly unable to contain his rage, this 'sensei' grabbed the other by the lapels and spat on the younger male's face.

"Because of you...the right to be called 'sensei' has been removed from me..." he hissed, almost to tears. "I could not get a new teaching position at other schools because of the pretty lie you said...it followed me like a curse now you dare say 'sorry'?" the man then pushed Ritsu away with all force the young man scrambled to the floor. "Your sorry could never bring me back the honor and respect I deserve! You disappear and then shows up after ten years acting the little angel?! Don't make me puke!"

Ritsu started standing up, swallowing the building up thickness in his throat.

"I'm really sorry...sensei..."

The brunette went out the family restaurant with his head bowed and shoulders shaking. He was patting his face dry with his handkerchief, but the dry pavement of that summer afternoon had little dots of rain-like silent tears from Ritsu who knew that saying sorry and being forgiven was never an easy thing.