Chapter 18

Megan's POV:

"Hey, buddy." Carlos says to Dude as he runs up to us. He then picks him up. "Sorry I'm so late, Dude. Ben got captured." We then went to walk in, but Jay stops us.

"Why's our door open?" Jay asks. We go into the door way to see Chad using their 3-D printer.

"You've got to be kidding me." Carlos says. Chad's head snaps around to face us.

"I knocked." He says. Carlos puts Dude down and then holds out his hand to Chad. Chad rummages in his pocket and brings out a key to their room. He puts it in Carlos' hand.

"What is that?" I ask. He turns and grabs something from the printer.

"Oh. That's a little Chad action figure. Minus the head." Chad says, showing us it.

"Sounds like an improvement." I say.

"Excuse me." Carlos says, pushing Chad out the way. He then pulls out his phone and programmes the wand to print.

"Why are you guys making Fairy Godmother's wand?" Chad asks. We then snap up and face him.

"Uh, why are we making Fairy Godmother's wand?" Carlos says stalling.

"Because, uh..." Jay says, trying to come up with something.

"Dress up party." I say, at the same time dude says "Ben's been captured." We all snap round to face him.

"What? Dude can talk?" Chad asks.

"Dude, we were stalling." I say to him.

"I just thought you forgot." Dude defends himself.

"Don't tell anyone." Jay orders, hitting Chad. "Ben's life depends on it."

"Really? So, if something were to happen, you know what I'm saying." Chad says.

"Something bad, we get it." Carlos says.

"God forbid. But if something were to happen, who do you think would be in line to be King?" Chad asks, pointing to his action figure.

"Is it me or is that in really poor taste." Jay replies. Jay then gestures to the door.

"Also, for the record, I would be next in line." Alex tells him. He looks in annoyance.

"I'm taking this." Chad says about his action figure. He then goes to say something but Jay slams the door in his face.

"Thank you, Jay." Carlos says.

"Yes." Jay says. And then Carlos makes the printer start printing the wand. The boys then get a seat and prepare to wait for the printer.

"Look, Alex. You can't come back with us." I say to him. His head snaps to me.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because Ben's already been captured, and now we can't have you being taken too." I tell him.

"I'm coming with you guys." He says.

"Alex, Meg's right. If Uma manages to take both of you, that would be catastrophic." Carlos says.

"But I won't be taken." Alex replies.

"Can we risk that?" I ask. "Just, please, stay here."

"Will you two be alright staying here, I need to talk to Meg." Alex says to Carlos and Jay. The two boys nod, and he grabs my hand and pulls me from the room. He pulls me through the many hallways until we come to the music room, a room that I love. "Why do you keep pushing me away?"

"I've explained why." I tell him. He sits down by the guitars and pulls me next to him.

"What if this is the last time I ever see you again?" He says to me, tears in his eyes. "What if you go to get Ben, save him and then stay there?"

"I-" I start, but I can't think of anything to say. I don't want to promise that I won't stay, because I can't know for sure. He then grabs a guitar, and he smiles. He then starts to play and sing to me.

"Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

Look into your heart
You will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am
Take my life
I would give it all
I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

There's no love
Like your love
And no other
Could give more love
There's nowhere
Unless you're there
All the time
All the way, yeah

Look into your heart, baby

Oh you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you
I lie for you
Walk the wire for you
Yeah, I'd die for you

You know it's true
Everything I do
Oh
I do it for you

Everything I do, darling
And we'll see it through
Oh we'll see it through
Oh yeah

Yeah
Look into your heart
Look at your soul
You can't tell me it ain't worth dying for
Oh yeah

I'll be there, yeah
I'll walk the wire for you
I will die for you

Oh yeah

I would die for you

I'm going all the way, all they way, yeah"

Once he's finished, I look to him with tears in my eyes. He notices and smiles slightly to me.

"If I promise to stay in the car, will you promise me to come back?" He says. I look to his face. "Even promise just to come to Cotillion."

"I promise to come to Cotillion." I tell him. "Wait, stay in the car?"

"Yep, I'm coming to the Isle, but I stay in the limo." He replies. I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Come on, we should get some sleep before tomorrow." I say to him. he nods and we go back to Carlos and Jay's room. They have fallen asleep in their chairs. I make my way to Carlos' bed, and lay down next to Dude. Dude snuggles next to me, while Alex goes and sits in a chair next to Jay. I drift off into a peaceful sleep to the rhythmic sound of Dude's purrs.