Stories From Another Place

The Moon's Lover

Once the sun rises, our love will disappear, but tonight, the stars look twice as beautiful with you. The moon is twice as big, as I see it in your alluring eyes. It is your home, yet it is the first time you are seeing it. For you, oh Sapphic Selene, to join me tonight, to hold me in your tender arms, to kiss me with your delicate lips, to make me the happiest woman on Earth, just for tonight, I must thank you a thousand, million times. Once your brother returns, you must leave, for he is jealous. To love a human is a sin, your kin, your brother, your sister, your father will look down on you with their furious eyes. But tonight, oh stunning Selene, you are with me. Our love will have to wait for the next moon that rises, when it will be safe for you to visit. Tonight, our love will last for eternity, as you gently embrace me, as I lay my head on your breasts. As I sleep, you are with me in my dreams, where our embrace and our love never ends. As I awaken, the sun blinds me. I am alone, saddened by the empty void you have left. But I am happy, to have seen the moon with the moon herself. Oh, joyous Selene, my heart aches for your return, and when the next moon rises, you shall find my love here, once again.

The Butcher

The light blue blood of the Andromedan spider-pig covered her cream-colored apron. The entire butchery stank of death, with counters filled of meat from every corner of the universe. Jars full of multi-color eyes and guts adorned the shelves placed on the metallic walls. Demon legs (from which the delicious demonic ham is made) filled the butchery's windows with their green, scaly skin. The Io worms swam in muriatic acid. They were cheap, as only a few species could flavor their delicious and toxic flesh, similar in taste to chicken. The young butcher was sharpening her enormous knifes, ready to slice the breast of a young Ultra-Scorpion from New Venus, whose shell is five times harder than a diamond from 55 Cancri-E. While she was busy cutting up the hard flesh, a curious couple entered the establishment. "Finally!" she thought "The first clients of the day." She had never seen them before, maybe they were new in town, or tourists that were visiting New Earth from the first time. However, she knew exactly what species they were: a Disprien, a species of immortals able to shape-shift, and an Ummite, giant humanoids whose skin is so sensitive they have to be constantly wearing a full-body suit.

"Glory to the Empire!" She said, ready to serve the two clients.

"Glory!" Said the Disprien, "My husband and I would like something special to celebrate our union!"

"The best you have!" Said the Ummite, "but nothing too heavy!"

"I could interest you in a piece of-" she took a large breath "Mshshghaeularitomsdh!" she pointed at an amorphous yellow and purple mass.

"Too expensive!" Complained the Disprien.

"What about a steak of Andromedan spider-pig? Perfect when served with blue wine from New Neptune!"

"Sounds good, but..." said the Ummite, pointing at some meat in the back, "...what are those... red things?"

"Those? They are sausages made from pig meat, it's something the humans on old Earth would eat."

"We'll take them!" Said the aliens.

"Are you sure?" She said flabbergasted. Nobody had bought Earth meat in years, not since the majority of humans had left for New Moon.

"Totally!" The lovers yelled, hugging, "They are perfect!"

Without saying anything else, the butcher put the sausages in a bag and gave it to the costumers. As the Disprien was paying, the Ummite got closer to the butcher.

"You know..." he said "I've seen humans before..." he laughed "...but this is the first time I see a female butcher!"

My Beloved Human