Shippo

5 years later after Hiroshi's death...

He watched as a couple walked into the tea house. The man was a handsome noble but he paled in comparison to Soten, date for the night. She wore an elaborate red kimono. Her long silken raven hair barley held together with a delicate gold pin. They followed the hostess to a secluded room.

"Shippi-sama." The girl next to him whined. Her lips pulled into a small pout.

He frequented this shop in the North quite frequently to the point that the waitress's would wait to take their breaks to sit with him. He at first liked the company and affection that they offered but now...

He watched as the couple disappeared behind a sliding door and sighed. His jaw clenched as he tore his gaze away in frustration to look at the blonde girl next him. "Sorry Yui." He offered her a smile.

She sighed then shrugged

She sighed then shrugged. "Can't really blame you. She's very pretty. She comes here almost as much as you do with a different man each time. The men get so nervous around her, that they drink like fish." She giggled.

I hummed in response hoping that was enough to convince her I was listening. I tried to focus my hearing on the conversation in the small room across the way. They were too many sounds interfering...

"Why don't you talk to her?" The question caught me off guard

I turned to Yui. "What?"

She leaned back in her chair and sighed. "You are always waiting around in hope to see her. You should talk to her."

"Oh. Yeah..." I mumbled trying to go back to listening.

"You know your fox ears are a dead give away that you are spying on them..." She said dryly. "Let me know when you actually want to talk."

She started to get up and I began to panic. I grabbed her hand. "Yui! Please...sit. I'll buy you whatever you want on the menu."

She tilted her head as she thought. "Well...I am hungry." She slowly sat down and began to look at the menu.