Chapter 3 - His. Forever.

It had been a little over a year since Sam died in that godforsaken prison. Jayne had finally turned from being angry to being sad, but everything about Sam had finally become nothing more than fleeting a memory. Her heart ached as she tried moving on, but the only person who stood by her side other than Sam's little brother Nathan was Rafe. Marcie soon moved onto a better assistant curator job in another city, unwillingly leaving Jayne to her own devices. Rafe offered Jayne to move in with him, but she found that to be too much for her to handle at the moment. She was concerned with school, her job and knew that Rafe was just trying to make sure she was okay - he was just trying to be a nice guy.

Rafe was consistently there, paying for her rent behind her back, making her car payments for her and spending more than enough time with her. He told Jayne about some discoveries he and Nathan had made in Scotland, and he asked her to join them. Jayne told him she couldn't, that she had a life here, but he didn't buy it. With no close family and her closest friend had become Nathan, he won the argument quite easily. Her schooling was winding up and as soon as she was done, Rafe organized it so he could come back to bring her over.

"Rafe, I don't know why I'm letting you talk me into this." Jayne said as she walked beside him through the airport, her fingers moved to tuck a piece of her long, now dark brown hair behind her ear as she noticed passersby doing the typical 'airport routines'. Rafe was pulling Jayne's large suitcase behind him as she held tightly to the large duffel bag that was over her shoulder. "You need this. Besides, how much fun will it be to live in Scotland for a while? Just think of the sights. I know they have awesome night clubs too. Just what you need." Rafe was nothing if not persistent. Jayne imagined he could sell volcano insurance to an Eskimo.

"Shit, Rafe. The things I let you talk me into. I'm surprised you haven't gotten me into your bed yet with your honey words." She scoffed as she bumped elbows with him. "These things take time, Jaynie." He smiled that oh-so charming smile of his and shot a quick wink at her as he placed his hand on the small of her back and continued to lead her through the doors to the tarmac. The thought had crossed Jayne's mind as she had been hanging around Rafe more and more. She had a feeling he was just trying to make sure she was okay after Sam, that he felt bad about how things went down in the prison, but things started to get romantic after a few late nights ended up a little hot and heavier than expected. The two hadn't made anything 'official' yet, but Jayne also turned away any suitors that may have been trying to bark up her tree.

The sight before Jayne as she walked out of the stuffy building was nothing short of amazing. A gentle breeze blew against her skin as she brushed some loose hairs from her line of vision. She and everyone else knew Rafe's family was rich, but private plane rich? "Nothing short of humble I see." She scoffed as Rafe turned around to see Jayne stopped in her tracks, her sunglasses being pushed up the bridge of her nose. "No connecting flights this way." He shrugged as she just rolled her eyes. Jayne was completely in awe of this man and how much money he actually had - whether it was his or just inherited from his parents.

"So, where's Nate?" She asked as Rafe handed her suitcase off to a man and reached his hand for her duffle bag. Jayne handed it to him without hesitation as she saw the door of the plane open up for her and Rafe to enter. "He's meeting us there. Had some work to finish up I guess."

"So it's just us? How...expected." She said to Rafe as he silently ushered her into the plane with a smirk on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rafe's words slid out through a slight smile as Jayne walked into the plane more, noting the comfy looking leather seats, open bar and complete luxury of the aircraft. She spun around to see Rafe crossing his arms in an amused fashion. "I mean, you've been not so subtly hinting at something in the past few months, Mr. Adler. I know you feel badly about me being left alone after...all that...but I honestly didn't think you'd hang around this long...especially when I didn't put out." Rafe shook his head and smiled as he took a few steps closer to her. Jayne felt his breath slightly on her face as he put his hand on the small of her back and pulled her hips into his. His expensive cologne wafted towards her, his dashing good looks always left her slightly weakened in the knees.