Chapter 16

(Just saying, this is a huge time skip, I didn't have many ideas.)

L's POV

Over a year had passed since Katana was brought to Task Force Headquarters. She hadn't attempted to kill herself at all since Light saved her from drowning. Watari had homeschooled her until now, and I thought going to a normal school would give her a chance at having a decent life.

"Light," I called. "Please come here with Miss Amane."

Light and Misa both approached me. "What is it, Ryuzaki?" Light asked.

I explained to them that they would have to pose as their child in order to be enrolled into school. It would also make them appear normal if they ever had to follow someone. Misa seemed thrilled about the idea while Light didn't appear to like it too much.

Light sighed. "As long as it's for the investigation, I'll go along with it" he said.

Misa looked so happy she might scream. "Light, isn't this amazing?! It'll be like we're real parents!"

I tried to ignore her as she continued. It was almost funny how seriously Misa was taking this. She kept rambling on and on as if she were planning on adopting a child.

"Watari, please inform Katana about the alias she will be taking on." I ordered. Watari nodded and went to Katana's bedroom.

I sat there and pondered how she would take the situation. I know she isn't too fond of Miss Amane, but if I know anything about her, she would be willing to do this for the sake of the case.

(Hey guys, sorry for how short the chapters have been. I'm trying to break parts of the story into more than one chapter to try and add more detail to them. Also, updates will be kinda slow for the next two or three weeks. I'm in two musicals right now and the performances are really close.)