|I|Episode●001● Etiquettes

The man went on his walk again- the fifth time in the span of the last 24 hours, he and others like him kept no track of. He always knew the boundaries, but he would still walk as long as his sentiments could take him(physical capabilities were the least of worries for a massless being like him anyway).

His eyes landed on a figure when he took the turn at the end of the street. It was shining in the dull void of this dark earth. A fresh shine that slowly started dissipating as he started advancing towards the possessor of that visual charm. He was thankful that he was able to witness it right on time. Otherwise, he would never have guessed that it was indeed a free soul he was witnessing within a luck's distance from him: someone from the earth amongst those hopeless savages like him slaved for perhaps eternity in this dark world.

He had queries bottled in him that he wanted to quench the thirst of, and so, so many of them. But finally! It had been so long since he communicated with anyone outside of this prison he was enslaved in.

His long, impatient strides worried the woman ―who had just adapted to the new environment she was in― he was approaching, causing her figure to lose all the glory of the glimmer she was emitting, the one that had attracted the man. It was more than just a worry, rather a neophyte's panic. With an anxious gasp and a squeal she couldn't help but let out, the soul managed to vanish just as the man reached out to her, leaving all but a shimmering glint behind for the defeated man.

He roared loud in disappointment. It had been such a rare chance! All the things he could've caught up to! What year it was? What all had changed? Was his hopefulness worth anything? Something! Anything! 

He kept walking again, and let his feet drag the mass of his miserable, pitiful soul, an unbothered stance to the realization that he had already unknowingly crossed the limits of his boundary now. And the next place he found himself in was that four-walled enclosure that he despised the most. To the Square One! The first room to the left in House 3069 of Sajik-ro-3-gil 23. He stepped out of the wretched room and commenced his journey. Like always...

All over again...

○

Sera sloppily parked the car and headed to her house slamming the door shut behind with a frightening impact. The other presence in the premise ―her housemate― was shocked for less than a moment before it withered away. Without even bothering to check up on her housemate, who Sera was sure was in the house, judging from the noises she could hear from the pantry, she rushed to her bedroom in urgency.

It took not more or less than an exact of 42 minutes before she stepped out of the aforementioned room. In body tight-wrapped in a fresh, short, red, satin party dress, with makeup as minimalistic as just a crimson lipstick to define the boldness of her lips, she looked seductive yet elite neat.